Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK OK I'm stuck the Steedas or the SLP's?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL yup sorry guys yes exhaust. I like the sound of both. Wish I could find more about a Steeda drive by I have heard the slp drive by and sound pretty nice.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Which SLP's are you looking at?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loudmouths. I like the corsa's as well but havent heard any drive by's with them. For my Mustang cost just means I have to work more OT or wait longer. I want what I want. To old (smart in my opinion) to "settle"

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Irishstang!! I just noticed you have the Corsa's. Could you hook me up with a video of idle, rev,drive by?!?!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
If I can get my wife to help me I will. They sound a lot different with the longtubes, O/R H, and the resonators.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Do you plan on modifying the stock midpipe or upgrading your headers in the future?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking about getting some longtube headers but like I said earlier that is a few OT hours away. Also I have to check with my dealership to make sure that it doesn't void my warranty. But yes long tube headers in future.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I was thinking about getting some longtube headers but like I said earlier that is a few OT hours away. Also I have to check with my dealership to make sure that it doesn't void my warranty. But yes long tube headers in future.
SLPs with longtubes don't mix too well. You really need something with a resonator on it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a complete SLP exhaust system and I love it. It's not so loud that everyone in the neighborhood wants me to move but still sounds mean as hell and even better when you put the pedal down hard. Not sure about the warranty, never really gave that much thought. Prolly wouldn't cover any issues anyway.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I have a complete SLP exhaust system and I love it. It's not so loud that everyone in the neighborhood wants me to move but still sounds mean as hell and even better when you put the pedal down hard. Not sure about the warranty, never really gave that much thought. Prolly wouldn't cover any issues anyway.
I wish I'd have gone with the Powerflows when I first had my setup. The LMs were just too loud with the headers.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wish I'd have gone with the Powerflows when I first had my setup. The LMs were just too loud with the headers.
Yeah I came real close to buying the LMs but ended up with the powerflows. After installing the axel back on the factory exhaust I wasn't real pleased. Just wasn't as loud as I thought it would be. However after adding the headers and x I love it. I think it sounds real good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The steeda's, FRPP Stinger's, and Borlas are almost identical. I wouldnt get the SLPs especially if you ever plan on any other exhaust mods you will not be able to think they are so loud, they are bearable if you only do the axle backs.

Personally I like the Pypes Mids or Violators, or if money is'nt a concern I would go Magnaflows Packs or regular.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.