Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to to site, but very excited, I want to change the exhaust system on my 2008 Mustang GT but I don't know what to get. I want it to sound loud and deep throttle, any advice what I should get will be greatly appreciated :)

PS I don't have to much money to spend:nono:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
You will get a lot of opinions. Some good choices are magnapacks, stingers, bassani race and MACs. Look in the classified section of this forum and other mustang forums for used axlebacks. A lot of people buy used axlebacks.
Listen to other mustang exhaust in person if you can. Join a local mustang club. Youtube and other online vids often don't capture the true sound.

·
Registered
726 Posts
If you are running the stock manifold, cats and h-pipe a muffler delete sounds very good. Loud when you want it to be but not to loud where cant enjoy a nice cruise.

G

·
My husband just told me my boomtubes are obnoxiously loud now - - - he's just jealous his 5.0 doesn't sound like my '07 :laugh:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
SLP LOUD MOUTH AXLE BACK KIT STAINLESS STEEL WITH 3-1/2 TIPS GT/GT500 2005-2010 - CJ Pony Parts, Inc.

cj pony parts has the best price on these (right now) normal price $349.95 10% off price $314.96 but you got to buy them before sunday is over. these sound very nice. i'm talking about a good loud. like you'll want to drive around town in second gear all the time.
+1 SLP loudmouths are the best IMO. If they aren't loud enough throw on a high flow catted x pipe and you will be satisfied.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have always loved the sound of Borla Stingers but they are quite expensive. My second favorite would definitely be the Magnapacks. I guess its all just personal preference. Go on youtube and watch some exhaust videos to get an idea for yourself.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
My husband just told me my boomtubes are obnoxiously loud now - - - he's just jealous his 5.0 doesn't sound like my '07 :laugh:
Get a set of long tube headers and he will make you trade cars :gringreen

·
Banned
822 Posts
Listen to some GTs with KR mufflers. There are a few clips on YouTube. I've got some on my Bullitt, and think they sound pretty good. No drone, and not too noisy inside while cruising.

·
Banned
708 Posts
Listen to some GTs with KR mufflers. There are a few clips on YouTube. I've got some on my Bullitt, and think they sound pretty good. No drone, and not too noisy inside while cruising.

I second this dudes thoughts...I have them on my shelb and they are awesome...sweet under acceleration(throaty and mean), and absolutely NO DRONE, which is a HUGE thing for me, can't stand any annoying drone like you'll get with magnapacks and borla stingers...
Then again not sure if they would sound as good on the 4.6 liter but i'm sure of one thing............they won't drone thats for shizzle!!!

Personally I would go with the KR axle back and if it wasn't loud enough on that 4.6, then i would add a high flow catted X-pipe,then you'd be straight:wavey

·
Banned
822 Posts
I second this dudes thoughts...I have them on my shelb and they are awesome...sweet under acceleration(throaty and mean), and absolutely NO DRONE, which is a HUGE thing for me, can't stand any annoying drone like you'll get with magnapacks and borla stingers...
Then again not sure if they would sound as good on the 4.6 liter but i'm sure of one thing............they won't drone thats for shizzle!!!

Personally I would go with the KR axle back and if it wasn't loud enough on that 4.6, then i would add a high flow catted X-pipe,then you'd be straight:wavey
Any muffler sounds better on the 4 valve, than it does on the 3 valve. The 4 valve engines just sound more... "exotic". My KR has the same muffs, of course, but sounds quite a bit different than the Bullitt with KR muffs.
My Bullitt still has the factory Bullitt version H pipe ahead of the KR muffs, which give them a strong pulsing sound at idle and low RPM.
I like it. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
How are your boomtubes with your automatic??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.