Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever heard of this? Does it work?
Recalibrating the gas pedal and throttle body:
1- Turn the ignition to ON without starting the engine(dashboard lights come on and chime sounds).
2- After the chime stops, smoothly depress the gas pedal to the floor while counting 1001-1002-1003.
3- Release the gas pedal using the same procedure in 2.
4- Wait 6 seconds, and turn the ignition to OFF.
5- Wait 6 sec., and repeat steps 1-4 two more times.

·
Registered
210 Posts
never heard of anyone doing that :headscratch:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Where id you get this from? Whats the idea behind it?

·
Registered
357 Posts
It is suppose to reset the memory of how you drive, if your aggressive or mild , I have read that the Computer remembers how you drive so it it always the same , doing this procedure will make it start over and remember your driving style ,, This is just what I have read on it , Never tried it myself so let us all know what you think ? :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I've heard of doing that with certain older models of BMW motorcycles with a Bosch motronic fuel injection system. But that is the only time I've heard of that. It is supposedly for teaching the computer the limits of the throttle after some new part has been installed.

Frank

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Never heard of that :scratchchin
You can also disconnect the battery for around half an hour to reset everything.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
It is suppose to reset the memory of how you drive, if your aggressive or mild , I have read that the Computer remembers how you drive so it it always the same , doing this procedure will make it start over and remember your driving style ,, This is just what I have read on it , Never tried it myself so let us all know what you think ? :bigthumbsup
that would only work with a stock car. anyone running a tune, the learning process is disabled :)

·
Banned
822 Posts
that would only work with a stock car. anyone running a tune, the learning process is disabled :)
I think that may not be the case with all aftermarket tunes...
My Brenspeed 91 tune still seemed to change after long freeway drives, and needed a re-flash to get it back to making power.
I just switched to a Bama 91 torque tune; we'll see how that works out.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
That works on cars without throttle bodies and what I guess you could call 'fly by wire'. It'll calibrate the highest throttle position.

You won't feel a thing.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Have you ever heard of this? Does it work?
Recalibrating the gas pedal and throttle body:
1- Turn the ignition to ON without starting the engine(dashboard lights come on and chime sounds).
2- After the chime stops, smoothly depress the gas pedal to the floor while counting 1001-1002-1003.
3- Release the gas pedal using the same procedure in 2.
4- Wait 6 seconds, and turn the ignition to OFF.
5- Wait 6 sec., and repeat steps 1-4 two more times.
Yes it does work. Step 5 is unnecessary.

Not true for almost all tuners.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Yes it does work. Step 5 is unnecessary.

Not true for almost all tuners.
maybe its just the race tunes. chris rose told me the learning process was disabled upon loading the tune. we were talking about the race tune and the sct at the time. i`m gonna talk to him again next week, i`ll have to get the whole story. :scratchchin

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried it but did not feel anything. When doing it i heard a ticking noise and when finished the engine light was blinking.
I have a Brenspeed 93 tune and it also seems to lose its punch after awhile. I also remove batt cable every so often to restore the power. I was told the adaptive learning was off in the tune but know one could tell me why this happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This helped me

I know this is an old thread but I found it through Google and it definitely helped me. Just purchased a 2006 Mustang GT convertible with a really light touch on the gas pedal (went directly from idling to super-speed!). It's nice having that much power but I needed a little smoother acceleration for pulling into traffic. Tried this method and I noticed an immediate change. Now I have a nice smooth acceleration when I depress the pedal. Thanks guys. I hope this might help anyone else looking for a solution that works!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I tried it but did not feel anything. When doing it i heard a ticking noise and when finished the engine light was blinking.
I have a Brenspeed 93 tune and it also seems to lose its punch after awhile. I also remove batt cable every so often to restore the power. I was told the adaptive learning was off in the tune but know one could tell me why this happens.

I highly doubt that your Brenspeed tune is "losing punch after awhile" It's just you are getting used to it. There is an easy cure for this. You have two options.

Option A) You can park your stang and drive around a regular car for a week. When you get back in the mustang, I don't think you'll have a problem with you Brenspeed tune losing its potency:winks.

Option B) The one I prefer. When the car feels as though it's losing it's punch (to use your word:)) that the car's way of saying that it's time to add on another performance mod. :gringreen:winks

·
Registered
49 Posts
does this really work? because since i had my battery disconnected for the install of some parts, the throttle feels way less responsive, like the car is lagging

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
This is for calibrating your throttle body to your gas pedal, and no it probably isnt noticeable, unless your tps has been replaced or is out of wack and maybe causing ruff idle or other tps symtoms.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I think that may not be the case with all aftermarket tunes...
My Brenspeed 91 tune still seemed to change after long freeway drives, and needed a re-flash to get it back to making power.
I just switched to a Bama 91 torque tune; we'll see how that works out.
I would have to agree with you on this one.....I noticed that when I re-downloaded My 93 All Out Tune and just drove My Stang around like a Nancy it seemed to change from how it was to how I drove now and was less aggressive all the way around.
Then I re-downloaded My Factory Stock Tune back in without starting it and re-dowmloaded the 93 Tune and when I drove it this time I got on it right off the bat, drove it fast and hard. It seemed to be way more Punchy and Aggressive from then on out. I never really thought of this untill reading this Thread, so mabey it's so and your Computer does adapt to how you drive even with a Race Tune.
I've also heard of people claiming that after you load your tune and befor you start your car to fully depress the Gas Pedal and this will make your Tune more aggressive......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts