Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed ford racing shorty headers on my 08 gt. Right away i noticed clearance issues when putting the column back in place. I didnt think it would be a problem, but upon acceleration and right turns, there is a bad vibration in the steering wheel and a grinding noise. Any ideas for a fix not involving bending/denting the headers?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ive got a 07 gt and i installed dougs longtubes with the same issue. I installed some polyurethane motor mounts and it fixed my problem. They headers are still very close to the steering but the mounts are solid enough to keep the engine from moving enough to let them hit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ive got a 07 gt and i installed dougs longtubes with the same issue. I installed some polyurethane motor mounts and it fixed my problem. They headers are still very close to the steering but the mounts are solid enough to keep the engine from moving enough to let them hit.
Hello from France
I installed shorty Header FRPP on my Shelby GT 4,6 2007 and i'v got problem steering clearance when i turn right..
Have you got a reference part Number to change motor mounts ? Is it a ford Racing Part or OEM Ford Oem Part or third party performance part ?
Thanks for your help ..

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Hello from France
I installed shorty Header FRPP on my Shelby GT 4,6 2007 and i'v got problem steering clearance when i turn right..
Have you got a reference part Number to change motor mounts ? Is it a ford Racing Part or OEM Ford Oem Part or third party performance part ?
Thanks for your help ..
Use the Prothane mounts.

·
Registered
714 Posts
+1 on the prothane motor mounts. they'll solidify the engine position and keep it from moving. They make several "heights", and you can get a standard height most of the time.
You can also move the engine over a little towards one side or the other a little bit, when you install such mounts; the motor mount bracket holes are oval shaped and you can use that to move the engine over enough to clear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts