Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought i shift light, the only thing i dont know is where to connect the green wire for the standar ignition.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I use the injector wire. Coil wire was not giving a clean voltage signal. Even better would be the crankshaft position wire coming from the PCM. I think this is pin 47 on the bottom PCM connector. Should be Black/Pink. I would double check with a wiring diagram tho. I don't think you'll be having all this done by tomorrow :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any injector wire

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks i will install it tomorrow

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
I use the injector wire. Coil wire was not giving a clean voltage signal. Even better would be the crankshaft position wire coming from the PCM. I think this is pin 47 on the bottom PCM connector. Should be Black/Pink. I would double check with a wiring diagram tho. I don't think you'll be having all this done by tomorrow :)

Nice! I will probably be installing my data acquisition system/digital dash this weekend. I thought I was going to get stopped at the tach and have to get an adaptor next week.

Thanks for the tip

And I miss your old avatar…..”There will be only ONE!”

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Nice! I will probably be installing my data acquisition system/digital dash this weekend. I thought I was going to get stopped at the tach and have to get an adaptor next week.

Thanks for the tip

And I miss your old avatar…..”There will be only ONE!”

The only other hangup I could think of would be polarity. I know the injector wire is negative, but not sure about the one going into the PCM.

I'll bring the avatar back, but gotta switch around every once in a while. Loved the movies, but the series sucked. I'm an old 80's movie buff. Can't beat Highlander, Star Wars, and Dune ! :hihi:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i couldt make it work, my shift light is not a digital one might be cause of that.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
i couldt make it work, my shift light is not a digital one might be cause of that.
Did you measure the voltage ? What are the instructions for the shift light ? It should say what voltage equals what rpm.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it dont tell for the 2008 mustang, only for 96 - 98 pin number 48 on the pcm. Im thinking that i need to connect mines at pin 47 on the pcm like you toll me before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.