Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just got an 08gt/cs, it has thsis mods on it, 4.10,shifter,shorty headers, h pipe ford racing mufflers, air filter, 90mm mas air, and a tune from brenspeed. I took the car to the track it run a 13.3 with 1.8 60ft, the problem was that it was to hot and to hummid, so of all this i want to ask ya if the fans from the car can i put some swicth with a relay so i ca turn them on. Some one has done that in here, im asking because on the ls1 f bodys can do that.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump you mean like to make the fans turn faster when the car is on. What i want is like to turn on the fans when the car is off.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
bump you mean like to make the fans turn faster when the car is on. What i want is like to turn on the fans when the car is off.
It would change the temp setting when the fans kick on. I'd recommend an electric water pump. It'll do much more for you.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
It would change the temp setting when the fans kick on. I'd recommend an electric water pump. It'll do much more for you.

That's a great plan. Just make sure your battery is up too it though. I can't imagine it would take long to run the battery down with a pump running.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
That's a great plan. Just make sure your battery is up too it though. I can't imagine it would take long to run the battery down with a pump running.
It pulls 11 amps... I've run mine for 20 mins before with no problems.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
It pulls 11 amps... I've run mine for 20 mins before with no problems.
I would never have guessed that. Thats cool (pardon my pun). I was going to do the electric water pump when my motor came out of the car this fall, now I know for sure I am getting one.

I also have two Optima batteries in the trunk:bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I would never have guessed that. Thats cool (pardon my pun). I was going to do the electric water pump when my motor came out of the car this fall, now I know for sure I am getting one.

I also have two Optima batteries in the trunk:bigthumbsup
Only problem is I can't just sit in the car an listen to the radio since the pump comes on with the key. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.