Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Here's something else I'm confused about: SLP says you have to use a short x-pipe with their long tubes but none of the others says anything about this (to my knowledge).

Is this just an SLP issue or do all of the catted x-pipes have to be "short" to fit up to long tubes, then the rest of the cat-back system ? :needahand:
Many companies make a factory-style midpipe in conjunction with their midpipes for LT's. Naturally, the pipe for the LT's will be shorter.

My personal feeling on this is to get the JBA's. I'm a fan of the slip-fit connection because it will give you flexibility to change out midpipes with little or no modification to them. For example, my Dynatechs came with an X pipe. I didn't really care for that, so I had to have a H pipe fabbed up. Those who remember know that this was a royal headache. Had I went with the JBA's from the jump, I wouldn't have had that problem. Some don't like the idea of a band clamp securing their stuff, and that's understandable, but the compression-fit flanges on many of these products can make the option above a real pain.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.