Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the seemingly never-ending mod process, I finally come to the most dreaded question of all: which long-tube headers (and catted x-pipe setup) to think seriously about bolting on.

I like what I've seen with both SLP and JBA but I'm interested in other people's opinions on the subject before making any decision.

BTW, whatever I end up running has to "mate up" with my Borlas (which easily mated with the OEM tubes from the mid-pipe back): they stay no matter what:punk:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's something else I'm confused about: SLP says you have to use a short x-pipe with their long tubes but none of the others says anything about this (to my knowledge).

Is this just an SLP issue or do all of the catted x-pipes have to be "short" to fit up to long tubes, then the rest of the cat-back system ? :needahand:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK...thanks for clearing that up.

I've been leaning toward the JBAs for several reasons (among them being that I can get the LTs for a very good price). My only real issue is that they don't make a catted x-pipe to go with them, only a catted h-pipe; hence, I've been casting around for an alternative catted x-pipe.

Based on what you said Mark, it sounds like the SLP catted x would NOT be a great choice because of ground clearance issues. tact, you seem to like the KOOKs x a LOT. So if I did go with the JBA LTs (and I'm still undecided so if anybody has a strong opinion to the contrary PLEASE say so), would the KOOKs mate up and, if not, what alternative would people recommend in a catted x ?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now I'm thinking Kooks because of the Jet-Hot coating and the fact that they make a catted x-pipe to go with it...is the Jet-Hot really worthwhile ? Or is simply going with uncoated stainless ok ? Once again, :needahand:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.