Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to AFM.

In a couple of weeks, I am going to get my first vehicle (I'm 17). I plan on getting a brand new 2008 Mustang Shelby GT-"C", but before doing so, I have a couple of questions:

1: What colors are available?
2: Does it really handle better than the standard Ford Mustang GT?
3: What is its raw HP?
4: If I do buy the Shelby GT, I want to order a GT-500 front fascia package from the dealership, if so, roughly how much would it be total? (parts and labor)
5: Would the stock Shelby GT hood fit and look good with a GT-500 front fascia?
5: I'm also interested in buying a supercharger, and I want a good supercharger thats not too expensive (not more than $4000), what would be a good option?
6: If I order a supercharger, would I have to change gear programming (I'm getting an automatic) and/or change the tires?

Thanks.

Kevin B

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
sounds like you are going all out on your first car. First off, do you have enough money for all of this? i know when i was 17 i had about $4k to my name.....

Alright, lets say you have the cash, what exactly is the shelby GT-"C"? i have heard about the GT-H which is the Hertz version but i have no heard about this one before.

Alright again, lets assume you mean a shelby GT, well then, they are pretty neat. not worth all the extra money though, you'd be better off buying a GT and saving yourself the money and modding it yourself.

I don't know if you can order and install the GT500 front fascia from the dealer but it costs over $600 un-painted. and the stock hood WILL NOT FIT on the GT500 front fascia, you will need a hood which will set you back another good chunk of cash.

Colors, i think they come in vista blue, black, and another one or two but thats about it. no big selection with the shelby GT's

raw HP is just over 300, i think at 325 but honestly, you can get a GT for 8,000 less, and put a bolt on or two and make more than that out of it.

S/C will set you back around $6,000 for the unit and then tons and tons for all of the supporting mods and upkeep. Set yourself about a 8-9,000 budget just to be on the safe sie for when you get the S/C

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
The Shelby GT-C is a california only model with less than 300 produced. They are all grabber orange. The standard Shelby GT for 08 is only available in Vista Blue. If you want a black one, Shelby makes a Barrett Jackson Shelby GT for 08 that is available in Arizona (it is black with red stripes). If you have the cash, for all the $$$$ you are talking, just buy a GT500.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
id get a stock gt, and modify it yourself. its much cheaper that way, and you wont have to worry about keeping the value of a 100% stock shelby.. oh, and the gt hood will fit a gt500 swap, but the body lines by the grille wont match up.. so if you run low on cash, that hood will work

oh, but a question of my own about the gt-c. can i get a rear bumper from any dealership? or am i going to have to contact a california dealership? or...is there an aftermarket one? i like the g500 bumper, but the gt-c looks much cleaner with the paint

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.