Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok... so i need your honest opinion. Is the JLT CAI with SCT Tuner really worth the money? I can get it with a discount for right under $500.00 shipped.

Only engine type mods I have is the Ford Racing dual exhaust. Will that affect better/worse the CAI and tune? I've read up on both here and some say you will see a difference in the sound, etc. .. but is it really worth the money? All my money thus far has been put into appearance mods.. and it's either buy a roush interior kit and side scoops.. or the CAI/SCT.

Any feedback appreciated.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
LORD YES!!!!!

i got mine and wow.. i think its my second favorite mod!

( would be my favorite but it dont spin 2 wheels at once )

but the JLT with a tune really WOKE IT UP!

after you finish all your mods, then get a tune from tillman or bama tunes.

but either get the JLT or the C&L.

the sound on my V6 got better too.

less crack

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
you forgot to title your thread:
2007 Mustang V6 CAI opinions please or
2008 Mustang GT CAI honest opinions please.

no problem, rookie mistake :hihi:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Just added mine to my GT and WOW best mod ive ever done for the $$$$

Its just that good, u gotta put it in. Best Speed gain ull ever get for the $$

After that... gears for bad @$$ torque

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The JLT CAI, alone is worth the money. But if your going with an SCT Tuner, get yourself an X3, not the XF3. With the XF3, your just getting a canned tune. Best bet for your mod, JLT CAI and SCT X3 with a custom dyno tune for your car not someone elses, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
781 Posts
The JLT CAI, alone is worth the money. But if your going with an SCT Tuner, get yourself an X3, not the XF3. With the XF3, your just getting a canned tune. Best bet for your mod, JLT CAI and SCT X3 with a custom dyno tune for your car not someone elses, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup
love that tuner just used it for my CAI, so simple and works great. they really out did themselves on it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice. I wasn't aware that there was a difference in the X3 or XF3. It's seem like the overwhelming opinion is that it's definately worth the money.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I wasn't aware that there was a difference in the X3 or XF3. It's seem like the overwhelming opinion is that it's definately worth the money.
Youd have to smack urself if u didnt lol :gringreen

Ull hit the gas and be like... dang that wasnt there b4!

·
Registered
910 Posts
FRPP Performance upgrade package. 91 Ford tune. Very noticable increase. In the exhaust sound too.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
to add to this, i`m so glad i went with this setup. it was like getting a new motor. the sctx3 is a great tuner. you can switch octanes, you can switch from a high milage performance tune,87 octane to save money on a trip, to a high octane race tune( which is what i run as my dd.) you can use the tuner to check codes and diagnose your motor should you have a problem. the jlt has worked flawlessly ( but i did have to make a bracket for the heat shield, because i dont have the abs unit on the core support, not a big deal) the heat shield fit nice with radiator cover extensions too. i hope the price you got was from tillman speed since they are a sponsor. last time i checked that was the price. you can allways order tunes from anyone that uses sct like brenspeed( sponsor) or even bamachips( not a sponsor) and load them onto your x3.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.