Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so last night i was with my lil sister-in-law and we wanted to see if her car would pull some donuts and slides and such. boy was i suprised to find that her 08 v6 mustang would not pitch the rear end at all. the font end would just slide. what can be done to correct the under steer? any help would be awsome. thanks in advance

·
Registered
125 Posts
sway bars if she doesn't have the pony package. All I can say is try a very hard right to lose the rear end. The number one thing that'll get the rear end to do whatever you want is a T-Lok

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It's designed that way on purpose. That keeps the morons from spinning out on every off ramp and hitting a pole broadside. With this design, the morons understeer and hit the pole head on - much safer.

To fix it, you need start with sway bars. If that's not enough, you'll need to change things like spring rates and alignment settings.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya its got the pony package. will lowering the car and putting on a tower brace in the front and rear help? i almost hit a light poll cuz of this damn under steer. in my 95 v6 mustang the rear breaks and comes around nicely. maybe we should try it on a wet surface next time, or dirt. any other suggestions on getting it to turn better?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's tough to get the back end to move with the open rear differential. I've got lowering springs and an 8.8" rear with a t-lock and it does a little better. Of course I've also got 285 wide nittos on so you really have to want to get the back to come around.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that steeda package sounds like a good idea. she will have to save up for that though and talk to her dad about getting it and installing it. i think that we will stick to the drift stuff in my car.

·
Registered
572 Posts
ok so last night i was with my lil sister-in-law and we wanted to see if her car would pull some donuts and slides and such. boy was i suprised to find that her 08 v6 mustang would not pitch the rear end at all. the font end would just slide. what can be done to correct the under steer? any help would be awsome. thanks in advance
That was the first thing I noticed on my stang when I exited to a rest stop that had a sharp bend... the front just freakin' PLOWED straight ahead!

I've had many cars and NONE of them had such an unresponsive front end... even my 68 LTD would lurch to the side and grab...

Light front end... Stock tires... Sway bars... None give you downforce...

How do you get downforce without filling these plastic bumpers with lead?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ok this might be a dumb question, and not sure if it would help, or even right, but if the car has traction control, is it off? Would it make a difference? Correct me if I am wrong, by doesn't the traction control supposed to prevent spinning?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Ok this might be a dumb question, and not sure if it would help, or even right, but if the car has traction control, is it off? Would it make a difference? Correct me if I am wrong, by doesn't the traction control supposed to prevent spinning?
Hey, Vlad...

Traction Control is for keeping traction on your REAR tires.

What we are talking about is when the FRONT end loses traction and the car does not respond to turning the wheel...

At 2:12 into this video you will see an example of understeer...

YouTube - An extremly noisy Ford Mustang GT 2005

The camera guy jumps back as the stang fails to turn...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hey, Vlad...

Traction Control is for keeping traction on your REAR tires.

What we are talking about is when the FRONT end loses traction and the car does not respond to turning the wheel...

At 2:12 into this video you will see an example of understeer...
The camera guy jumps back as the stang fails to turn...
Ahh I see.....THAT SUCKS!!! Not that I'll ever need to but still.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.