Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2008 Mustang V6 HID Kit install question-Battery Drain?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pmr2000 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I just ordered myself a JLM HID Kit for my 2008 Stang and I have an concern. You know when you unlock the car using the remote, the headlights automatically turn on for a small period of time? Since I am getting the HID Kit, will it pose a battery drain threat since I am installing the HID Kit?

I just got a brand new Duralast Gold battery and the last thing I want to do is kill the poor thing. Any advice will be appreciated!

#2 · (Edited)
It shouldn't pose a significant battery drain. I turned off the headlight with unlock feature to go easier on the ballasts and bulbs.

"You may also perform the following power door lock sequence to
enable/disable the perimeter lamps feature. All vehicle doors must be closed before beginning the procedure. You must complete Steps 1–3 within 30 seconds, or the procedure will have to be repeated.
1. Turn the ignition to the 3 (ON) position, then press the unlock control three times.
2. Turn the ignition to the 1 (OFF) position, then press the unlock control three times.
3. Turn the ignition to the 3 (ON) position; the horn will chirp to
indicate the driver configuration mode has been activated.
Activating or deactivating the perimeter lighting once in program mode is accomplished by:

pressing the trim panel power door unlock control twice within five seconds.
At this point, perimeter lighting will be activated if it was previously deactivated, and deactivated if it was previously activated. Confirmation of perimeter lighting being activated is provided by a short horn chirp followed by a long horn sound; Confirmation of perimeter lighting being deactivated is provided by a short horn chirp only.
Exiting the program mode is accomplished by turning the ignition to any position other than the 3 (ON) position, or two minutes elapsing since the program mode was entered."

#4 ·
Never knew you could disable, must have missed that in the owners manual...good idea for those weekend drivers that let the car sit a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.