Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need specific help on finding the 2 specific wires that are the maf/iac sensors on a 2008 v6 mustang.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not my car, its my little cuzzins. he bought a peformance tunner at americanmuscle.com and he is having trouble locating them.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
its not my car, its my little cuzzins. he bought a peformance tunner at americanmuscle.com and he is having trouble locating them.
Ok... Still wondering why he needs to know where these wires are. Is he splicing into them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok... Still wondering why he needs to know where these wires are. Is he splicing into them?

no, the instructions arew telling him that once he finds the two wires out of the (5 to 7) that act as the IAT sensor then connect the chip.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
no, the instructions arew telling him that once he finds the two wires out of the (5 to 7) that act as the IAT sensor then connect the chip.
What kind of tuner is this? I've never heard of anything that connects that way. :scratchchin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have no clue to be honest with you. its a peformance chip that resets the factory settings and applies the mudules. He says he needs to know which two wires (colors) out of the 6 are the ones he needs to replace with the chips wires.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Right to left as you're looking at the the MAF harness (pins 1-6). Pin 1 is the IAT sensor signal. Pin 3 is the MAF sensor signal.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Are you sure that came from Amercian Muscle???

Sounds like that scam "chip" with a resistor on it that some companies sell on ebay.

They use an IC chip to make you think it's some special electronic thing, and they just solder a resistor or something to the pins and you wire that to fake out your IAT by a few degrees.

It's like a $27 ripoff.

If it's the ebay part and not something from AM, I'd throw it away.

Seriously.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
We don't sell anything like that...those products that trick your computer are not good to use on your car.

All of the tuners we sell plug into your ODBII port to reflash the computer with a complete and safe tune optimized for your Mustang.

Do you know where did your cousin get this "tuner"...I would be very interested in finding out the identity of somebody selling something under our name...especially if it was a scam item like these "power modules". :hihi:

-Nick

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hmmm this is getting interesting, hope the original poster tell us more about this module his cousin got :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
We don't sell anything like that...those products that trick your computer are not good to use on your car.

All of the tuners we sell plug into your ODBII port to reflash the computer with a complete and safe tune optimized for your Mustang.

Do you know where did your cousin get this "tuner"...I would be very interested in finding out the identity of somebody selling something under our name...especially if it was a scam item like these "power modules". :hihi:

-Nick
I didn't think you guys sold anything like this. I'm afraid this may be one of those 'snakeoil' resistor chips...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.