Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a C&L Intake with and an SCT tuner and I want to know if the car is running lean/rich, and if I'm getting knocks from the POS gasoline that we've got here (it's very poor quality so I wonder how well is the car running). Is that called Data log? Is it possible to do that with my SCT X-CAL 3? How?

Thanx.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Hi,
I have a C&L Intake with and an SCT tuner and I want to know if the car is running lean/rich, and if I'm getting knocks from the POS gasoline that we've got here (it's very poor quality so I wonder how well is the car running). Is that called Data log? Is it possible to do that with my SCT X-CAL 3? How?

Thanx.
i dont think it will tell you the qaulity of your fuel. i have not tried this yet, but yes, you can use your x3 from what ive seen and it will give you alot of info on your engines performance through your ecu.

you can download livelink 6 from the sct site. before you can run it to load onto your computer you will have to download .net framework 3.5 from microsoft. you may also have to download wic_x86 from microsost to make the framework 3.5 work too. once you have that installed on your computer you can go back and load the livelink program. then its a matter of hooking your x3 to your car and to your computer, and it offers different perimeters that you can graph. the program will not let me see what can be graphed, or how to work the program as i have it on my desktop and not connected to my ecu. at some point i`ll load it all onto the laptop and give it a try. i`m sure theres more to it, but thats as far as ive got into it so far and you`ll have to research more into it, but that should give you a idea where to start. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not looking for my fuel quality, I'm looking to see what is the a/f ratio and sprak timing.
So from what I understand It is possible with the live ink software?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
I'm not looking for my fuel quality, I'm looking to see what is the a/f ratio and sprak timing.
So from what I understand It is possible with the live ink software?
well, like i said, i dont know what options are available to gragh because it ( the live link program) will not let me use or enter the program if its not hooked up to my ecu. at this point thats as far as i can take you. maybe someone will chime in with some more info :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.