Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I'm taking the car to the first tune up this month.
The thing is, since i live in Israel, it took the ford dealership here 2 months to get me the right oil filter (last time i went to change oil they brought the wrong one).

Now i asked for a new oem air filter, and they said no problem - but it's gonna cost u 200$, which is insane!! so i figured the best way is to buy one myself on ebay, but i can't really find any regular paper filter when i type "v6 mustang air filter" and such, so i was wondering if anyone can tell me what is the best brand for an oem paper air filter? and should i consider getting a k&n inbox instead? its just that it looks like it filters worse than a paper one, because it is much more free-flowing and theres lots of dirt here (i live in the desert).

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Hi.
I'm taking the car to the first tune up this month.
The thing is, since i live in Israel, it took the ford dealership here 2 months to get me the right oil filter (last time i went to change oil they brought the wrong one).

Now i asked for a new oem air filter, and they said no problem - but it's gonna cost u 200$, which is insane!! so i figured the best way is to buy one myself on ebay, but i can't really find any regular paper filter when i type "v6 mustang air filter" and such, so i was wondering if anyone can tell me what is the best brand for an oem paper air filter? and should i consider getting a k&n inbox instead? its just that it looks like it filters worse than a paper one, because it is much more free-flowing and theres lots of dirt here (i live in the desert).
Look for a Purolator filter.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
try to find someone here on the forum that will ship you theirs. God knows how many guys have CAI's and have their filters lying around.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I think a K&N filter filters pretty well. The company says the dirtier it gets the better it works, but there are some other filters that are dry filters that work just like a K&N. But yeah, look on ebay, you'll find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx, but i cant seem to find a Purolator for the latest mustang anywhere. Any other suggestions? oh and also we need to replace our air cabin filter every tune up as well right? where can i find these?
Sorry for being a noob, but Im having some hard time fiding answers on the web for these stuff and i don't have too much free time.

·
Registered
766 Posts
In your case, you probably should change the cabin air filter with every oil change. Out where I live in California, not so much dust except for around once a year. I pulled the CAF out once around 30K, dusted it off and put it back in, I should probably change it though with 42K on my car.

·
Registered
766 Posts
If it says it fits your car, then it should fit no problem. A good idea I've heard of guys doing is getting a piece of charcoal cloth and cutting it to fit on the front of the filter. I've heard people say that it gives a nice "clean" smell. Kinda like a nice hospital from what I've heard.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's not about fitting, its about how good this brand is, because this filter is pretty important isn't it? is there a place where u can get oem filters and such? cause i cant seem to find any on ebay.

edit: i bought the item.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.