Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forums over and googled till I can google no more. I just had a Magnaflow muffler put on and ever since, my car has been vibrating heavily while idling. It doesn't do it when I'm driving down the road but as soon as I am stopped at a red light, it starts up again. I took it to a different muffler shop today and they said everything looked normal, didn't see anything banging against metal or the bumper. It could be normal but it's driving me crazy. The only mods I have are a Bama Street Tune and a CAI.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
so is the issue
1) the engine is shaking at idle in gear ?
or
2) the muffler is vibrating ?
how many miles on the car, and have you done any maintenance to it? sounds like maybe a couple different issues :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like its just the muffler but the whole car feels shaky. The car has 40000 miles and I've owned it for 2 months so I haven't done any maintenance. I installed the cai about a month ago.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
wouldnt be a bad idea to put a new set of spark plugs in it. thats not too many miles but i dont like to go that long on plugs myself. change the oil.

the muffler. does it sound like a metal vibration? try jacking the car up bu the axles, maybe under the shock mounts so the cars under load weight. then take a look at the hangers/muffler up behind the bumper, and the pipes over all the braces. if you jack it up by the frame, the suspension drops so maybe something didnt get noticed. check the bolts maybe too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright guys, after going to numerous shops and hearing them tell me nothing was wrong with my exhaust, hangers, etc...I used my SCT tuner and changed my idle RPM to 825. Now, the car idles beautifully and doesn't idle at all. Thanks for the suggestions. I checked out all of them and appreciate the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts