Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2008 automatic v6 and I Have been getting a pulsing, squeaking sound coming from the rear of the car. It has grown progressively louder over time, to the point where I can occasionally hear it in the cabin with the windows closed.

It tends to only occur when I am in drive and am accelerating, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to do with the suspension.

Recently I replaced the stock 16" rims with some 18" that are 18x9. I have no idea if that could have contributed to what's going on.

If anyone has so suggestions as to the cause and/or a solution, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
rear end diff would be the worst case senario...
but deff go over the suspention rearly well or have a shop take a look at it....
does it squeak going over a bump or is it continues and pulsates more as you go faster?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't squeak specifically as I go over bumps. It does just tend to do it as I accelerate, though I'm not sure if it lasts into higher rpms because the sound of the car covers it at some point.

I had someone drive it for me as I stood by, and it didn't seem that I could hear it as the car drove by.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts