Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice for exhaust. I just picked up a 2009 gt500 has bassani exhaust now and it has horrible drone. I barely hear the supercharge whine, and around 3-4k rpm there is a drone that I have to crank the radio up to drown it out. I need recommendations on a medium loud exhaust. I need something a little over stock because of where I live. thanks for any advice. Rich

·
Administrator
4,795 Posts
The stock GT500’s are my personal favorite. Nice and friendly when using light throttle, but pretty aggressive using heavy throttle. I think that if I wanted more noise, without drone, I’d consider Borla axle-backs.

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
or maybe the "KR" mufflers, also known as FR500S? I think those were used on the GT500 KR and that's where they got the name . . . I have them on my 2010 with otherwise stock exhaust and they sound awesome; zero drone, sounds good but not obnoxious at light throttle cruising, fairly loud under heavy throttle or high RPM

BUT -- on a quick search, I cannot find them on LMR or American Muscle, so I guess they might be out of production?????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts