Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title pretty much sums it up, when I shift from first to second gear the car clunks really loud. When I am shifting from second to third, third to fourth, and fourth to fifth its butter smooth and no clunking noise at all. I have only been driving the car for about a month and its my first stick shift so I am not really sure if this is normal or something to be concerned about.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I don't have any clunks. I only have 4500 miles though. This car is not easy to shift smoothly at low RPM's, but at 3500+ it is like butter. Get it looked at under warranty, give them a detailed description of when and how it happens. Find the spot where some Mustang owners meet and get their opinion.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am kind of reluctant to take it to the dealership because I have a supercharger and I don't know if they will say it voided the warranty.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My car clunks too when I'm letting off the clutch and not giving it any gas. When I give it just a little gas to bring the rpms up, it shifts really nice and smooth. Are you giving it any gas when letting off the clutch right as it's engaging?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts