Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a pioneer and two 10's and after hooking it up, my 2009 mustang wont start. it makes the regular start up sound like it would when it usually starts, but it wont start it just keeps making the turning sound. the batteries not dead and at first i thought it was the anti-theft system but i'm not sure..i tried both keys and it still wont start.anyone help me? i only hooked up the cd player and it wouldn't work after that. i need my car for school so quick answers would defiantly help. !

·
Registered
331 Posts
1) does the red anti theft light on the instrument cluster blink rapidly when you turn on the ignition? if it does, then you have a problem with the pats system and need to bring it back to the dealer to have it looked at (or check fuses...look them up in the owners manual).

2) you may have tripped the fuel cut off switch when running the power wire. its in the driver kick panel...red button...push it to reset the switch. it cuts off the fuel pump.

·
Registered
169 Posts
did the car drive at all after you did this? You may have wired wrong and fried the solenoid or starter motor. not for sure. I'm not completely clear on the wiring systems. do what snowboarder said then if that doesnt help check the wiring of the starter circuit. positive battery post to solenoid to fusible link to fuse box to key switch to neutral safety to solenoid then starter motor then the ground. I believe thats the order. just troubleshoot for now. theres alot that can go wrong with the newer starting systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.