1. Premium Interior (formerly Interior Upgrade Package)​
2. Satin Aluminum Instrument Panel​
3. Ambient Lighting​
4. Satellite Radio​

EXTERIOR COLOR CHANGES
New Colors Added:
— Brilliant Silver Clearcoat Metallic (UI) (Replacing Silver Metallic)​

NEW OPTION CHANGES
• Glass Roof (59G) available on V6 & GT Premium coupe arrays. Available with the following interiors: Charcoal Black, Black/Red, or Black/Chamois color accent only. N/A with Bullitt™ Package (54B), GT California Special (54C), or Racing Stripes (47A)​

• 45th anniversary year fender badging will appear on all V6 (including Pony Pkg.) & GT, excludes Warriors In Pink Package​

NEW PACKAGE CHANGES
• GT Security Package (43G)
Includes:​

1. Active Anti-Theft System​
2. Wheel Locking Kit​

• Warriors In Pink Package (54S)
Includes:​

1. Billet Style Grille without Fog Lamps - (New)​
2. Pink Ribbon & Pony Badging on Front fenders​
3. Wide Pink Hood Stripe – (New)​
4. Pink Ribbon Mustang Rocker Stripe – (New)​
5. Charcoal Leather Trimmed Seats with Contrasting Pink Stitching​
6. Charcoal Floormats with Pink Ribbon and Contrast Stitching​
7. Aluminum Spoke Steering Wheel with Contrast Stitching​

Availability:​
• V6 Premium Coupe (120A) or Convertible (160A)​
• Choice of 3 colors: Black, Performance White, or Brilliant Silver Metallic​

Restriction:
• Requires and includes select V6 Pony Package (54P) content​

[Here is the 2008 Ordering guide thread: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-talk/77806-2008-mustang-ordering-guide.html kj]

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'll be interested to see what those 45th year anniversary badges look like! Looks like there aren't a whole lot of changes, though.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
i bet they are saving a lot of the changes for the 2010 line-up when they are supposed to restyle the S197 and give her a face lift

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Did not expect a lot of change for model year 2009, since it is the final year of the current S197 styling and will be a shortened model year (so the restyled 2010 Mustangs can be released mid-2009 to sell against the Challenger and Camaro).

New color Brilliant Silver clearcoat metallic is the special silver color used on the GT500KR prototype (with the goofy blue stripes).

The premium interior is standard on the 2009 V6 Premium and 2009 GT Premium Mustangs. This was formerly part of the IUP which also used to include the MyColor gauges (rumored to be discontinued).

The glassback roof was previously announced as being a factory option in 2009. Since the 2010 restyle will not alter the "greenhouse" (window glass) the glassback roof option can continue on 2010+ Mustangs.

I looked through the guide for the 2009 GT500 and the only change I see is former option sirius satellite radio is now standard equipment. (So glad I ordered my '08 without the ugly black hockey puck antenna on the trunklid. Now all '09 GT500 buyers will be stuck with it.)

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
i bet they are saving a lot of the changes for the 2010 line-up when they are supposed to restyle the S197 and give her a face lift
Say hello to the Mustang III.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Probably. I am excited to see what they will all be doing to the new car.:happyhapp

·
Registered
422 Posts
I just hope I don't like the 2010 Mustang better or else I would be in a world of hurt, because I already love this car so much and I doubt I would be able to upgrade to the new model.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I see the Bullitt is still available in 09, and the GTCS is now available in Vapor.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Why would you order a 2009 Stang???
The 2009 models will have a very short year.....
The 2010s should be out by March o April next year 2009..
Thats what I am waiting for,,,,12 months and the newest stang Gt baby..........Unless ford screws up somewhere then I have to
go with a challenger or camaro.....But looking for a stang gt as of now

·
Registered
320 Posts
The 2010 Stang is a camero want-a-be. Get the 2009, it will be the last good looking mustang for a while.

·
Registered
186 Posts
As of now,nobody knows what the car will look like.....
I already have a 2006 Gt but would like to see what the 2010s
will look like and how much if any horsepower it has.....
If I don't think the 2010s are hottttttt.
I will look at the camaros and challengers.......
Glad that there will be other cars to look at instead of the stang.
Maybe its time for a change????JT

ALL Pix from Tampa visit!! - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I am surprised that Ford is offering a few more options for the 2009 model year. Seems like a waste of time and money for a 6 month production run.

I just hope they don't screw up the 2010. :happyhapp

·
Registered
412 Posts
The way I see it, the 2010 Mustang will only serve to "dumb down" the classic vintage style of the current S197. I am so glad to have my '08, and will keep her for as long as I live!

While I will concede that the next variation will undoubtedly have more "get-up-and-go" than the current model, I have no confidence whatsoever that the styling changes Ford implements will do anything other than begin to detract from what is a pure, vintage, muscle car look.

·
Registered
186 Posts
What surpises me
is that the car is ONLY 12 months away,and we still
don't know what the final product will look like.....
I enjoy buying a new stang gt every 2 or 3 years,I would never lease,pay cash baby...........JT

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I am surprised that Ford is offering a few more options for the 2009 model year. Seems like a waste of time and money for a 6 month production run.

I just hope they don't screw up the 2010. :happyhapp
There's an excellent chance, based on how Ford has acted in the past, that the 2010 will have a different front clip, rear bumper and maybe a new hood. On the same car. It's still cool to own a car that was only made for six months with options no one else can get, from the factory.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah I can see it now ... 2010 Mustang Complete with the same inability to keep water out of the passenger compartment. Maybe they'll consider putting the smart junction box over the rear view mirror. Maybe that'll stop the electrical problems. What a piece of junk.

--- Victim of the S197 water leak ... NOT ONCE .... TWICE --- First car 2005 Convertible ... went to Ford Reclaimation after 8 attempts to fix the leak ... only cost me $9400 to get rid of.
Second 2006 GT Coupe ... 3 attempts at stopping the leak and then I dumped the POS on a dealers lot. No longer a Spongestang owner.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Yeah I can see it now ... 2010 Mustang Complete with the same inability to keep water out of the passenger compartment. Maybe they'll consider putting the smart junction box over the rear view mirror. Maybe that'll stop the electrical problems. What a piece of junk.

--- Victim of the S197 water leak ... NOT ONCE .... TWICE --- First car 2005 Convertible ... went to Ford Reclaimation after 8 attempts to fix the leak ... only cost me $9400 to get rid of.
Second 2006 GT Coupe ... 3 attempts at stopping the leak and then I dumped the POS on a dealers lot. No longer a Spongestang owner.
Ouch! That sucks man. I have never had a leak problem in mine. I do understand you point of view.

·
Registered
186 Posts
11 months away for the NEWEST 2010 Stang Gt with More HP...
I would wait till April of 2009 for a 2010 stang Gt.Why pay more for more HP when within a year you can have it for no extra cost????..JT

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.