Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2009 GT Vista blue. I am thinking about adding white racing stripes. can anyone advise?

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Congrats and Welcome to the Fourm! Check out the 2005+ area.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
:wavey welcome! :myhappydance: :happydancer:​

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is one of the questions i have. should the hood scoop be painted? is there better long term wear-and-tear on painted? can the vinyl be put on the scoop with a decent look? is the cost for painted much greater than vinyl?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mine is yellow with black stripes, but I can say that they add a really nice touch. And mine are vinyl and look great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine is also Vista and I have white vinyl stripes. Bought mine from Baltimore Street Mods. I did have to trim the stripes around from under my hood scoop and now they are great. Before I did that, the vinyl scrunched up around the corners of the hood scoop. It moves more than the hood does. I believe that BSM now makes them that way (cut out around the hood scoop). That was the only problem I had with my vinyl stripes. I did order an extra 3 feet of stripes so I would be prepared for any repairs if necessary. So far, haven't needed any. I didn't install them myself, had it done when the car was first purchased........made it a condition of sale with the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Baltimore Street Mods are good guys to deal with for vinyl. I had never installed stripes before and the hood stripe had a crease when i got it and they replaced it in one day including shipping time. They also have a good selection of different accents like door sill letters, etc. :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was going to put vinyl on my stang and even bought a kit from American Muscle to do it. And the guy that was installing my body kit said that he'd paint them on while he was at it.......that was $2000 but included a lot of other work........

I still have the vinyl kit...

Mustang Classifieds

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.