Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im looking at buying a used mustang and I think the price that this private seller is asking is way too high what do you guys think. He is asking for $28,995 then he came down to $28,000. I told him I would pay $25,000 and that his price was unreasonable despite the mods on it. I told him that I dont have the assurance of buying from a ford dealership, I am buying a USED supercharged mustang, and for the amount he is asking for I could just about buy a brand new 5.0. What is this car really worth?

25,000 Miles, garage kept, never driven in rain, Amazing condition. For more pics: -http://www.mikevirnelson.com/Mike_Virne lson/Mustang.html- 2009 Supercharged Mustang GT BIO: TSW Wheels, 295/35/19 g-force tires, Ibach Racing springs, Shelby Strut Tower Brace, Ford Racing 3.73 rear gears GSM Twin 65mm Throttle Body, Roush M-90 Supercharger, Street Scenes Body Kit, Spin Tech Racing Exhaust, Magniflow High-Flow Cats. Custom Interior by G.A.S., G.A.S. Custom Tuned, Dyno 488hp 450 lbs torque. Parts List: Stereo $2,077.0 TSW wheels $1,780.00 Black diamond window tint $210.00 Street scenes gen II body kit $1,670.00 Spin tech exhaust $458.00 Custom dash kit $550.00 Window louvers $200.00 Custom leather racing seats $1,700.00 Ford racing springs $114.00 DBA brake rotors $400.00 Strut tower brace $250.00 Magniflow high flow cats $449.00 Ford racing 3.73 rear gears $1375.00 Roush M-90 supercharger $5300.00 Custom dyno tune $690.00 BF goodrich G-force tires $1028.00 Total Invested $18,251.00

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
you can get a GT500 for about that price if you look around, yeah, lots of add ons in that 09, but really you'd have to appreciate all of them...it never ceases to amaze me the money people dump into cars then sell them

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Well, when I went to trade in my '07' 427R with about the same equipment, the dealer was only going to give me $24, only 17K miles on it and that was in Oct of '09'. It still had the factory warrenty on it. I think he is way high, don't care how much he paid for the parts, same basic package as I had.
Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, when I went to trade in my '07' 427R with about the same equipment, the dealer was only going to give me $24, only 17K miles on it and that was in Oct of '09'. It still had the factory warrenty on it. I think he is way high, don't care how much he paid for the parts, same basic package as I had.
Dave
Thanks I was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
927 Posts
your spot on with offering him 25k. that is kbb value mods add nothing to value although we would all like to think so :laugh:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I would not pay near $28. Maybe $24. In fact, I probably wouldn't buy that car at all. All those mods, you never know how hard he drove it, or how well he maintained it. He didn't put all the sh!t on there for the hell of it.

If I were you, I'd get an 11+ 5.0. Beside better technology and interior, you have all the HP you'll need stock. They have vids of 5.0s with a cai and tune creaming GT-500s. The 5.0 is a bad boy. Supercharge that, and you'll be smoking tons of cars.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would not pay near $28. Maybe $24. In fact, I probably wouldn't buy that car at all. All those mods, you never know how hard he drove it, or how well he maintained it. He didn't put all the sh!t on there for the hell of it.

If I were you, I'd get an 11+ 5.0. Beside better technology and interior, you have all the HP you'll need stock. They have vids of 5.0s with a cai and tune creaming GT-500s. The 5.0 is a bad boy. Supercharge that, and you'll be smoking tons of cars.
That is what I wanted at first but sadly life is not that perfect. This is my first car and my budget is $22k. What should I get with $22k?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would be leery of buying any used car with a supercharger, unless it was a certified used GT500 from a Ford dealer and had some warranty left on it. I just wouldn't take the risk.

As for your budget of 22K, there's plenty of used 05-09 GTs out there from both private sellers and dealers in the 17-22K range; many have low miles.

I would buy one with no mods or at the most a couple bolt-ons. That gives you more of a chance to make the car your own instead of just buying someone else's project car.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I paid nearly $15k for my 05 GT and you could find one for less than me. If you actually have the $22k, then buy a GT for $13-16k and put the rest into modding it yourself.

·
Registered
594 Posts
The mods don't mean anything when selling a used car you could put 30k into the car but the insurance company is only going to give you book price if it gets totaled in an accident let him sell the car to a dealer and see what they offer him he will be lucky if he gets 21k just offer him 23k and tell him to call you when he can't sell it 2 months from now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The mods don't mean anything when selling a used car you could put 30k into the car but the insurance company is only going to give you book price if it gets totaled in an accident let him sell the car to a dealer and see what they offer him he will be lucky if he gets 21k just offer him 23k and tell him to call you when he can't sell it 2 months from now.
Ha I was thinking about telling him that. But whatever he is too wrapped up in the fact that there is $18000 worth of mods in it. I found a 08 gt california special with less than 2000 miles on it for $24,500. I think I will just go with that. Do you think that is a fair price?

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
i'd offer him 20k and settle around 23 for it. Guys that list the price of the mods want too much for their cars. Tell him to return it to stock and sell the car stock and then the aftermarket stuff separate if he really wants to get his moneys worth out of his mods. Otherwise even a $4,000 set of wheels won't really add a penny to the price tag of a car

·
Registered
83 Posts
Why would you buy a car and unload 18k only to sell the car?

I started modding my car with the assumption that I will never recover the investment, but I also believe the car will never leave my hands.

If this dude is so wrapped up in his 18k investment, tell him he is better off returning the car to stock, selling it and then selling all the aftermarket parts separately.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Why would you buy a car and unload 18k only to sell the car?

I started modding my car with the assumption that I will never recover the investment, but I also believe the car will never leave my hands.

If this dude is so wrapped up in his 18k investment, tell him he is better off returning the car to stock, selling it and then selling all the aftermarket parts separately.

That's another thing that is scary about it. He buys this car, puts all this money, time, and work into it, and then sells it right away?

I'd stay away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts