Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brief history: Very rough running, 3 and 5 not firing. Replaced Pertronics with points due to two magnets coming out of reluctor. Ran great, test drove, everything fine.
Present: This morning son cranked her up and running rough again. Checked points, all my connections, changed fuel filter etc. It will straighten up and purr like a kitten for a minute or so then start missing. Then straighten up again. Need some idea's. Autolite 1100, Load-a-Matic distributor, carb freshly rebuilt, new plugs, plenty of fuel and pressure.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leaning in that direction, and DSII conversion is on my todo list. It seems tight with no play. If I don't get any more suggestions, I'll pull it and check the gear. Never had one that was intermittent like this. Usually a higher rpm miss with it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed! When the magnets came out of the reluctor wheel there were four missing. Since I found two and two cyl weren't firing, figured I dropped the other two on the ground because it sure wouldn't run on two cyl. Pulled dizzy and found them, jamming the vacuum advance to the Load-A-Matic. I will upgrade dizzy, but it's running for now. Promised young son he could drive to school the last day(tomorrow).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts