Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or tried to install 2010-11 Mustang outside mirrors on an 2005-09? What I love about them is the built in convex mirrors. My guess is that they are a direct bolt-on. It doesn't look like Ford made any changes to the inner shell or frame of the door, just the outer panel.

·
Registered
261 Posts
they will bolt up with minor mods, you have to drill 1 new hole, and elongate one of the existing holes, then there is a locating pin on the 2010/2011 mirror that you cut off and then they will bolt right up, but they don't have a built in convex mirror, they are the same as the 2005/2009 mirror
except they are alittle smaller and they have a snap on skull cap that comes either black and textured or smooth and paintable, the 2012 Mustang has the side spotter mirrors that your looking
for.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it a 2012 I was looking at? Really? I didn't think they were out just yet! I must have been under my rock for the past few months! lol. Thanks!

I would think they need the same mods you mentioned above!

·
Registered
261 Posts
actually I just looked up the mirrors, 2011 Mustangs build after 03/22/2010 had the side spotter mirrors on them also.

·
Registered
472 Posts
they will bolt up with minor mods, you have to drill 1 new hole, and elongate one of the existing holes, then there is a locating pin on the 2010/2011 mirror that you cut off and then they will bolt right up, but they don't have a built in convex mirror, they are the same as the 2005/2009 mirror
except they are alittle smaller and they have a snap on skull cap that comes either black and textured or smooth and paintable, the 2012 Mustang has the side spotter mirrors that your looking
for.
I have a 2012 GT and I don't like the spotter (convex) mirrors - at night I see way to many lights if I need to make a quick lane change. It could be my old eyes but whatever - the parts department at Ford told me there were no flat glass mirrors available that would fit - it this true? Is there an after market fix?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts