Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to know if any clutch from old model will be fit in 2010 4.6 mustang?
Because in my country does not have 2010 mustang clutch now. So I found many others old model but I don’t know which one is fit?

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
As salaam alaikum. I see that you live in Saudi Arabia. I lived in Riyadh for 13+ years from 1992-2005.
It's easy enough to order online and get parts shipped in from the US. Have you modded your car? If it's still naturally aspirated, you could go for this clutch kit:

I'd also recommend replacing the stock plastic hydraulic clutch line, which can become brittle with age, with a braided stainless steel unit.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
The 05-10 clutches are all the same, simply matching spline count (stock is 10-spline). Due to slave cylinder changes, I do not believe the older clutches will work properly without modification.

If you just need a stock replacement, I've had great success with Luk. It's actually what I also run in my 1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ. They're an OE manufacturer.

If you want something aftermarket, Centerforce is hands down my choice after dealing with McLeod (never again), Spec, and Exedy. Exedy is a good option, but Centerforce is the best thing I have found for longevity/cost/performance. I currently run a 26 spline Centerforce DFX in my Mustang with a 6060 swap.

Regardless of what clutch you choose, I would recommend replacing the pilot bearing and slave cylinder with new units from Ford. I'm not sure on availability of economically feasible Ford parts in your part of the world, but it may be worth checking into. I'd check with Tasca if you do not have a good option in your country.

Reactions: marylandGT
1 - 4 of 4 Posts