Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me identify the part. I've looked all over the internet and cant find anything about this part. It's the metal tube with fins that run in front of the condenser, at the lower end of the car. It's a 2010 Gt 3V 4.6L. never owned a Ford or mustang so I'm unfamiliar with the cooling system

·
2,805 Posts
Can someone please help me identify the part. I've looked all over the internet and cant find anything about this part. It's the metal tube with fins that run in front of the condenser, at the lower end of the car. It's a 2010 Gt 3V 4.6L. never owned a Ford or mustang so I'm unfamiliar with the cooling system
View attachment 776972
Is that not the radiator itself? You say tube so that throws me off that guess, but just wanted to ask. Hard to tell exactly what I am looking at with the small image and small area shown.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My fault! It may not be the best quality since I'm on mobile. It's the circular tube with fins that's spraying coolant

·
Registered
208 Posts
possibly a A/C discharge line?

·
2,805 Posts
Follow the line. Does it go to the transmission?
This was my first thought, but just not sure on that. OP tell us a little about your car? What is the year, model, and options? Is it stock?

·
Registered
208 Posts
OP states it a 2010 GT 4.6 3V :)

but we still need to know if any mods have been done

Reactions: MustangLife

·
2,805 Posts
OP states it a 2010 GT 4.6 3V :)
Whoops you are correct. How did I miss that... haha Still though What options like track pack? Is it stock?

Reactions: LadyGT

·
Super Moderator
1,636 Posts
Something similar to this would be my guess. However this doesn’t address the leaking coolant from the radiator.

Trans/oil cooler

·
2,805 Posts
Something similar to this would be my guess. However this doesn’t address the leaking coolant from the radiator.

Trans/oil cooler
I like you am thinking it is a radiator leak due to the color of the pictured fluid, but it does appear to be coming out of what looks like trans cooler, but if trans cooler would the fluid leaking be dark? Maybe leaking down on the other piece to make it look like it is out that. OP check above and behind the tube as you call it.

I though he said it was leaking from the line and not the radiator?
I don't think he knows exactly where it is leaking form and asking, but I see what you are seeing.

·
Super Moderator
1,636 Posts
I like you am thinking it is a radiator leak due to the color of the pictured fluid, but it does appear to be coming out of what looks like trans cooler, but if trans cooler would the fluid leaking be dark? Maybe leaking down on the other piece to make it look like it is out that. OP check above and behind the tube as you call it.
I can only surmise that it’s leaking coolant based on the pic. I’ve never personally seen bright green oil (trans or engine). The metal tubes are too small in diameter to push any volume of coolant to be effective at cooling. They are size appropriate for an oil. Even a supercharger cooling line is going to be 3/4” - 1” for adequate flow.

My thinking is he has a radiator coolant leak, and it’s running down onto the oil cooler.

It’s just a guess, I may be totally wrong.

Reactions: MustangLife

·
Registered
6,088 Posts

I don't think he knows exactly where it is leaking form and asking, but I see what you are seeing.
The circular tube he said...

Attachments

·
2,805 Posts
The circular tube he said...
Oh I see what he says, but I think crjackson below hits the nail on the head with what I am thinking, but who knows he and I could be wrong. This is one of those it is hard to diagnose over the internet and by picture type deals I think. If I was there and could take a look at a couple of things and behind things I could get a clear diag in moments.

I can only surmise that it’s leaking coolant based on the pic. I’ve never personally seen bright green oil (trans or engine). The metal tubes are too small in diameter to push any volume of coolant to be effective at cooling. They are size appropriate for an oil. Even a supercharger cooling line is going to be 3/4” - 1” for adequate flow.

My thinking is he has a radiator coolant leak, and it’s running down onto the oil cooler.

It’s just a guess, I may be totally wrong.

Reactions: 90lxwhite

·
Registered
149 Posts
Interested in this as well. Can't find anything on this in the digrams I've seen. I thought it was A/C related but according to the diagrams I've seen, it isn't.

JC10085 = Engine coolant system

JC10105 = Auto Transmission cooler

JC10145 = A/C

Attachments

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
That's green engine coolant leaking from the automatic transmission cooler.

·
Registered
149 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts