Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I currently have the Black mustang rocker stripes on my car, but I've recently decided I'd rather have the c stripe on it instead. My question is since I've had those rocker stripes on there for over a year, will the color of the car be faded in that spot or will it be okay to take it off? Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Just a guess here, but I wouldn't think it would be faded in only a year, at least not badly enough to notice. Maybe if they were on the top of the car and in constant sun or had been on for a lot longer.

I say go for the stripe... :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
657 Posts
Your car is new enough that the paint should not have any fading around the rocker stripes. Just use a heat gun to soften the glue and slowly peel them off. Then give it a good wash and wax.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha well I just thought I'd ask, I didn't want to take them off then there be a line or something :nogrinner

Thanks Chris, I'll probably get the C Stripe.
And thanks 08GT, where would I get a heat gun just out of curiosity? Would a hair dryer work lol?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yes a hair dryer should work but you'd need to get it close. I'd stay away from anything that can burn your paint:yup: Do it on a really hot day. Leave the car in the sun. That will help.:bigthumbsup

Are you going to do it yourself? I'd imagine the Mustang lettering on the back would be harder. But a lot of people recommend professional install.

Make sure you post some pics of the new stripes? :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes a hair dryer should work but you'd need to get it close. I'd stay away from anything that can burn your paint:yup: Do it on a really hot day. Leave the car in the sun. That will help.:bigthumbsup

Are you going to do it yourself? I'd imagine the Mustang lettering on the back would be harder. But a lot of people recommend professional install.

Make sure you post some pics of the new stripes? :)
ha it's always hot, and my car is always in the sun since I live in an apartment complex with no covered parking:(

If I buy the side stripes online, I'll most likely get my friend to do it. He's done all his stripes that he's had on his stang and it looks really good, so I'd think he'd do fine doing it. If I go somewhere to get it done then obviously I won't lol.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
ha it's always hot, and my car is always in the sun since I live in an apartment complex with no covered parking:(

If I buy the side stripes online, I'll most likely get my friend to do it. He's done all his stripes that he's had on his stang and it looks really good, so I'd think he'd do fine doing it. If I go somewhere to get it done then obviously I won't lol.

Well thanks for clearing that all up. :shigrin :winks

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts