Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am trying to give my 2010 Mustang a "retro" feel by getting raised white letter tires. However, I cannot find them for a 17 inch wheel. If I go -1 to a 16 inch wheel, which will allow me to get these tires, will it cause my traction control light to come on? I ask because this happened with my Dodge Nitro where I went from a 20inch wheel to an 18 inch wheel and the traction control light stays on. Functions and rides great, but light still stays on.

Just to note, I made sure I had the correct size tire on the Nitro, to ensure the diameter of the entire wheel didn't change from the factory size. But the light still stayed on. The Dodge dealership said that it will still stay on because the factory size rim was reduced, but not buying it. And I tried to clear it as an error code, but it was not recognized as an error.

Does this happen with Mustangs or Fords in general? Because I would really like to either reduce the size of the wheel or find 17 inch white letter tires. Truck tires are the only option and I don't think that will work.

Thanks, for the help in advance!

Chris

·
Registered
233 Posts
You know there are kits for this you can do to your current wheels. Just before you put all of that money and effort into it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.