Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted more up-to-date auto reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now reports absolute repair rates that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so it's possible to track cars closely as they age--and to report on new models sooner.

Thanks to the help of this forum, which I'm very grateful for, we're already providing reliability stats for a few years of the 2005-2009 Mustang. We'd like to do the same for the 2010--just a matter of getting enough participants.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Mustang, free of charge.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A dozen now, vs. 37 for the Camaro. I'd like to have a preliminary result in February, but we'll need at least a few more participants for this.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just signed up and I am member number 57401.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since your member number is currently used as your password when logging in, probably not a good idea to post it. I've changed it.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like you didn't read the page about the survey before signing up for it.

I send out a monthly email with a link to the survey. If there's no repair to report earlier, a response is usually only needed following the end of each quarter.

Without this email, very few people would remember to participate.

To send this email, I need an email address to send it to.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've had my (and my wife's) cars on Mr Karesh's TrueDelta site for several years now. It has been very helpful in researching and tracking our repairs vs the much larger world reported by his participants.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have an initial result for the 2010 Mustang, including owner experiences through December 31, 2009. With a reported 63 repair trips per 100 cars per year, it's about average and higher than the 2005-2008.

However, the sample size was small, and the result could well improve as more owners join and participate. We'll have further updates in May and August. A big thank you, once again, to everyone who has been helping.

Ford Mustang reliability comparisons

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We have an updated result for the 2010 Mustang, including owner experiences through March 31, 2010. With a reported 54 repair trips per 100 cars per year, it's about average and higher than the 2005-2008.

We'll have further updates in August and November. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

Ford Mustang reliability comparisons

·
Registered
297 Posts
i just enrolled both my 2010 mustangs, both black, one GT and one V6 convertible:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, I appreciate it.

We currently have 57 2010 and 11 2011 Mustangs signed up. An excellent start. We'll have updated results for the 2010 next month, and hopefully an initial result for the 2011 in November.

To help us provide better information on your year:

Car reliability research

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just enrolled. 3200 miles. No problems yet. Other than my gal scraping the front wheel on a curb. Ouch!:weeps

1 - 20 of 30 Posts