Ford Mustang Forum banner

2010 GT auto transmission question

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Serafim 
#1 ·
Hi,

After a long wait I finnaly bought a 2010 silver mustang GT premium here in Brazil. The car is almost new with only 3.500 miles on the clock.

I only have a litte concern about its auto trans. My english is not good, but I will try to explain my question.

When I go from P to D position (or from D to P) it is very difficult to "feel" the N and R position, because after I press the button I can move the shiftter very very easy.

The car is shiffiting right, but if I want to put it in the R or N position I have to look to find the correct point. I also drive others auto cars and in all of them I can feel the N and R positions and I don´t have to look to put the car in the gear that I want.
Is this kind of thing normal in the mustang transmission or should I look to adjust something?

Thanks

Mauricio

#3 ·
As long as you're holding the button it's going to move very easily regardless of position until you let go of the button or at least mine does. I usually just slip it in reverse then slide to drive from there with out pressing the button. I find my self occasionally slipping in between neutral and reverse. What you are describing sounds normal to me. If it bothers you look into a ratchet shifter.

Your English is pretty good compared to some others that are from the U.S. :bigthumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.