Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2010 GT when the ignition is on accessory, the Battery Voltage Gauge is Red and the Service Engine Soon light is on. However when running the lights disappear. I have searched the forums and manuals, haven't been able to turn up anything.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Do you mean the Gauge is showing Red, or the Battery light is illuminated?
Owners Manual states that the CEL and BAttery Light is normal to stay light until the engine is running.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean the Gauge is showing Red, or the Battery light is illuminated?
Owners Manual states that the CEL and BAttery Light is normal to stay light until the engine is running.
The actual Battery Voltage Gauge is lit up red(Just like the fuel gauge lights up red when under 15 miles), and the CEL is on. This is just when the key is at position 3 without the engine running. CEL and Red Battery Voltage Gauge go dark with the engine running. I have a Continuous DTC of F0003-16 logged in the Self Test.

F

·
0 Posts
On my 2010 GT when the ignition is on accessory, the Battery Voltage Gauge is Red and the Service Engine Soon light is on. However when running the lights disappear. I have searched the forums and manuals, haven't been able to turn up anything.
Hi FR Grabber Blue,

I recommend bringing it in to your dealer and speaking to your service manager about this. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Also, remember most paid repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here.

Deysha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Attached is a picture of my dash when the key is in position 3 but not running. Note the MIL and Battery Voltage Gauge lit up red.

I will be going to Ford to get this issue resolved if I cannot find help through the forums.

Will pulling the battery for 30 minutes possibly resolve this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Those are normal, Does the same thing on my 05. First all lights are engaged for pre test, then the batt and engine light remain lit indicating the engine isn't running and the battery isnt charging, start the engine both disappear upon completion of their tasks, engine running properly and battery charging.

I'm unsure as to what that dtc is indicating.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My 2010 gt doesn't do that red gauge light when key is all the way on and not started. Makes me think your battery might be getting weak is to why it is red I would get the battery checked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts