Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve read people saying that phone buttons does nothing, then people say that you need to pair your phone first to have any function to the phone button. I look up how to pair a phone and it says that you need to press the phone button. I’m at a loss here. The aux and the USB port do not work either, all of this has been the same since I bought the car a year ago with only 54k miles. I just want to be able to connect my phone to the stereo to play music instead of cutting the quality by using a FM transmitter. Help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
3,506 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your Account Settings.
We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

They all work perfectly on my 2014. I don’t think Ford would have put them there, if they do nothing. It’s more likely you Are using them incorrectly or something is defective. Do you have an owner’s handbook that explains their use?

Reactions: Cobrajet67

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Agreed you should look in the owner's manual. If you don't have one get a hard copy. Used on Ebay is a good choice.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
yes I believe you do need to pair the phone first, which can be a little flaky . . . it's been a few years since I did mine so I don't remember the details, but I had to try over and over several times and then it finally worked for no apparent reason. The procedure is in the owner's manual.

but if you have other problems with the radio/sync system, that could be the reason also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts