Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I need some advice on how much to ask for my stock exhaust off my 2010 GT. I removed the exhaust at 2k miles and its just been sitting in my garage for a year now. theres nothing wrong with them and in good condition. any feedback is appreciated!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I had mine on craigslist for $120 for a couple months, hoping to get $100. I ended up throwing both mufflers in the garbage because there was zero interest....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had mine on craigslist for $120 for a couple months, hoping to get $100. I ended up throwing both mufflers in the garbage because there was zero interest....
thats what im afraid of, not getting any interest in them. i simply want them out of my garage, between those and my stock exhaust off my Vette, they are just taking up space.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
lol, seriously, i could not GIVE my axlebacks away at the citywide garage sale back in april. i had them marked $10, then "free" and still no takers. like the other poster, i tossed them, as I wouldnt have taken them for free either.....:cooldude:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
If you can hold them a few more years intrest could pick up, as the 05+ is still fairly new not many need replacing yet. But give it a little while and more and more of the stockers will start to rust out and sombody will be looking for some stock replacments for cheap. Still just a little soon for stock exhaust to have any value.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
I have mine sitting in my basement too, haven't bothered to try to get rid of them because I assumed the above (it will be hard to even give them away)

I'll probably stash mine away somewhere and try to sell them someday, or put them back on the car when I sell it someday and instead try to sell the aftermarket mufflers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Had my stock mufflers on my car for .5 miles! As soon as I picked my car up I drove to the car care center on post, put her on the lift, and Bam an hour later Loudmouths were awake. :toot_toot:

·
Registered
441 Posts
I pulled mine off an just put
Them aside in the garage. Everyone is upgrading exhaust so there is no demand for them at the time. It won't hurt to hold on to them unless
You don't have the room.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I took off mine off My 6 and they still had the Factory Stickers on the Mid Pipe and Muffler, still look brand new. Im just gonna keep em for awhile and like mentioned above sooner or later as they wear out there will be a demand for them. But mine are off a 07 so they'll fit 05-09, your in a different situation having a 2010, there just to New still and will only fit a 2010

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the feedback everyone, this is pretty much what i assumed would be the answers. oh well its no biggie i will just keep them stored away for a rainy day :)

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
thanks for the feedback everyone, this is pretty much what i assumed would be the answers. oh well its no biggie i will just keep them stored away for a rainy day :)
Post this up in the 2005-2010 v6 section, Aimed towards the 2010 v6 owners.

Reason is the 05-09 Gt take offs are shorter then the 2010 GT mufflers, and looks funny with the tips being recessed. NewTakeOff no longer sells the dual exhaust kit for the 2010. I got mine from NTO early on so they still had the 2010 mufflers in stock so I got lucky.

You will definitely be able to sell them. Good Luck!

James

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm keeping my stockers in case something ever goes wrong with my Flowmasters and have to get them replaced (their new lifetime warranty is sweet, though). Or, if I ever decide to sell the car, I'd probably put the stockers back on to make it more appealing to a wider audience.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Post this up in the 2005-2010 v6 section, Aimed towards the 2010 v6 owners.

Reason is the 05-09 Gt take offs are shorter then the 2010 GT mufflers, and looks funny with the tips being recessed. NewTakeOff no longer sells the dual exhaust kit for the 2010. I got mine from NTO early on so they still had the 2010 mufflers in stock so I got lucky.

You will definitely be able to sell them. Good Luck!

James
give info to know, I will look into putting them into that section.:bigthumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts