Ford Mustang Forum banner

2010 mustang gt manual car transfer Auto everything from 2007 car

227 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Cobrajet67
I bought a (manual)2010 mustang gt with no engine and transmission but I have a donor (automatic)2007 mustang gt car that I want to swap everything over to the car. Seems like everything would work except the fuse box under the hood is different. I was thinking maybe repining it to mirror the automatic car fuse box. Any ideas
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Transfering "everything" over from the '07 is not the way to go. There are likely several differences in the wiring that will stop it from being a complete plug-n-play swap due to the 2010 body and interior changes on top of the normal auto / manual differences.
I suspect the best approach would be to treat this as a manual to auto conversion on the 2010, leaving as much of the original wiring intact as possible.
See less See more
Reactions: 1
I bought a (manual)2010 mustang gt with no engine and transmission but I have a donor (automatic)2007 mustang gt car that I want to swap everything over to the car. Seems like everything would work except the fuse box under the hood is different. I was thinking maybe repining it to mirror the automatic car fuse box. Any ideas
This is a very bad idea. The 2010 was a unique year that had special one year only wiring because it was a new bodystyle but with the old engine/trans. I would not even consider trying to put an auto in a manual car. You don't have any of the wiring infrastructure for the automatic in a 2010 at all. Both the PCM and the SJB won't have the pinouts required for the auto and you can't use the 2007 PCM and SJB in the 2010. They're not compatible.
Not only will that be a major problem from a wiring and electronics standpoint but almost no one wants a manual Mustang that was converted to an automatic. It's a big mistake even considering such a frankenstein.
If you already have the 2007 engine then I suggest that you try to use it although there are some small differences between the 2005-07 to 2008-10 4.6. The engine will have some things that are different so you won't have a plug and play. You might have to change out the 2007 sensors and some other things to what's used in the 2010. You don't want to cut out any of the 2010 wiring or you will wind up regretting that decision. Then you should definitely procure a used manual trans from a 2005-10 Mustang. Ebay has them for just under $1000 shipped: 2010 mustang 4.6 transmission for sale | eBay
See less See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts