1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
:welcometolastweek:

·
Registered
368 Posts
well there was a woman drving so that might have something to do with it...

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
No Brainer

I don't think we need a video to prove a GT stock is faster than a sixer, it was more like 2 car length lead, that is HUGE in racing!!! Find me a video of a 2010 gt vs 2007 gt stock vs stock, manual vs.manual. The 2010 has 15 more horsepower, I heard it's a little heavier, and I believe the quarter mile times are exact.:shiny:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
i sm definetely not buying a 2010 Gt anymore, i was contemplating the idea, but this pretty much settles it. Too close for comfort IMO yeah the Gt has way more potential but i think ill just save for the 2011 Gt

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I don't think we need a video to prove a GT stock is faster than a sixer, it was more like 2 car length lead, that is HUGE in racing!!! Find me a video of a 2010 gt vs 2007 gt stock vs stock, manual vs.manual. The 2010 has 15 more horsepower, I heard it's a little heavier, and I believe the quarter mile times are exact.:shiny:
Do a youtube search. There are dynos of the 2010GT getting closer to 330hp and there are videos of nearly stock 2010GTs doing 12.9 in the 1/4.

Don't take my word for it or argue with me just do a youtube/internet search.

Granted they are probably track pack equipped with gears and a tune..but still. Not bad by anyones standard.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
They're both automatics. The 2011 is running 2.73 gears and I believe the GT is running 3.31s.
+1 that is correct.

My experience with a base 2010 GT with 3.31s is that it felt HORRIBLY slow compared to the one i have now. Of course was a manual but i couldnt get the gears to change worth a crap....it had slow up take, wouldnt open before 3000 rpms..had a horrible "lurch" when the charge plate opened up, and as great a deal as i thought it was i hated it.

The one i have now has been known to cause "neck" pain for several passangers and it shifts smoothly and corners..which are more important to me than all out acceleration anyway..but still.

My car versus that 11 would have been a another car length or two up at least...heck, mine against my base GT with 3.31s would be another car length or two ahead of it.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
once the 5.0's hit the dealer lots, the leftover 2010's will be selling like hot cakes...and probably cheap too.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
2010 GTs won't go down as a huge success.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Why would you think that?
Several of the automotive magazines picked the 2010 GT over the Camaro SS and Challenger R/T as a better overall car. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Because they have the new body style with out the extra power the 5.0 will have. If you like the body style and want a gt I think your gonna want the 2011. Then youve got all the things that are better than the challenger and camaro plus all that great additional power of the 5.0. That makes the 2011 an even better overall car. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
250 Posts
So, nobody wants to admit that the 2011 V6 is a pretty damn impressive car? Fine. What's the weather like there? You know, in your world.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I picked the GT but the v-6 was close.

·
Registered
91 Posts
the new six is sick that why I got rid of mines and got me a GT with 0%apr.. It aint a 5.0 but I'm happy.. specially after I gather the funds to drop some detroit rocker cams :kooky:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that torque wins drag races, not horsepower. Although the 2011 V6 has almost as much horsepower as the 2010 GT, it's greatly lacking in torque, 325lb-ft to 280. Add to that the 3.31 gears vs. 2.73, and the GT will beat the V6 off the line EVERY time. Even if they were geared the same, the GT would still be quicker off the line, presuming it doesn't spin out.

The V6 is still plenty impressive in its own class, but I'll stick with V8's in any car that's meant to be fun.

·
Registered
901 Posts
So, nobody wants to admit that the 2011 V6 is a pretty damn impressive car? Fine. What's the weather like there? You know, in your world.
I'll admit it! I love the 2011s! Although, I don't ever see myself driving a V6 Mustang I would happily take that over my stang or the 2010 GT. Assuming those are 2.73 gears in the V6 and 3.31s in the GT that 1 car length win is very significant. If the V6 had 3.31 gears it would of most likely beat that GT by a car length. Gears are HUGE, and that difference between the 2.73s and 3.31s is a BIG deal! Of course I would like to see a more credible source comparing the 2, but if that was the results I would gladly take the V6. Plus, you can't go wrong with getting 5-7 mpgs better!

When the 2010 Mustang was being debuted I stated almost instantly "something is wrong here". After reading about how the Camaro was going to have 426hp and the Mustang was only going to have 315hp it was a bit unsettling. But, the real kick was that immediately rumors of the new Coyote motor were floating around and that it was going to have 400+ hp. From a stand point the only reason I could think why people were continuing to buy Mustangs was because they hadn't heard about all the hype.

The difference is, when driving down the road and I see a 2010+ Mustang the first thing I do is check to see if its a 2010 or a 2011. If its a 2010, I think "eh, they really should of waited, honestly I think you wasted your money"... If its a 2011, I think "now theres a groundbreaking piece of history"..

Just my thoughts..

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.