Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been seeing a lot of threads that ask about the 2010's parts that are interchangeable with the 05-09's. I also was curious about something myself.... namely the navigation system in the new 2010 and the whole centre stack itself also (the heating/cooling controls, etc).

Des anyone know if its possible to put the new 2010's in the 05-09's?

I know you can put the 2010 gt500 steering wheel in the 05-09's with a small mod for the cruise control connection.

If there are any other 2010 interior parts that you wanna ask about being swappable into the 05-09's.... feel free to ask in this thread!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
418 Posts
I do like the 2010 interior better than mine but I'm still on the fence about the exterior.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I think the radio and a/c controls out of the flex might fit in the '05-'09 interior. I just haven't measured it yet. The 2010 interior has a slightly different surround than the previous generation. If it did fit, it would require some cutting of the surround I think.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I do like the 2010 interior better than mine but I'm still on the fence about the exterior.
I like the 05-09 body style way better than the 2010, I have seen quite a few driving around and personally i think my body style still looked more bad ass on the road. But :bigthumbsup for the new interior.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so thats it huh? no one knows anything else about this? :headscratch:

i guess it was a long shot!lol!

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
yah i figured that clevenger ford and KC would be a good start..... but everything is so confusing in those posts... i cant make out the what from who in it!
Yea its tough some times. If I really want to know something I just pick up the phone and call.

S

·
0 Posts
It would be nice if the 10's steering wheel would retrofit. There's a pic of a 2010 GT with the red interior and the steering wheel has red leather on top and bottom. I think that would be a neat addition to my crimson interior.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It would be nice if the 10's steering wheel would retrofit. There's a pic of a 2010 GT with the red interior and the steering wheel has red leather on top and bottom. I think that would be a neat addition to my crimson interior.
it does snackmaster.... the 2010 steering wheel does fit... people are still trying to figure out how to make the extra controls work on it tho!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
If I knew the 2010 center console was a direct fit in my 05, I wouldn't mind having that. and the Microsoft Sync 500 shaker system.

S

·
0 Posts
it does snackmaster.... the 2010 steering wheel does fit... people are still trying to figure out how to make the extra controls work on it tho!

Oh, I forgot.. it has radio controls in it now doesn't it? I just love the color matched leather on top and bottom.

No worries.

:bigthumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.