Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question to anyone with the 2010 leather seats. I was wondering if they are oem leather or just that other cheap stuff. THANKS.

·
Registered
134 Posts
if it comes stock with the car, it straight OEM from the factory, if your like me and want to get the leather seat, its aftermarket. When I bought my 2010 I had them put in leather seats because i absolutely hate cloth seats, Anyways, what they put in isnt bad at all, at least in my opinion... though of course i would've rather had OEM :gringreen

·
Registered
130 Posts
OEM leather in 2010 Mustang Premium package is a joke. The rear seat has no leather at all (all vinyl) and the front is just the seat bottom ( just the part you sit on ) and the middle section of the seating surface of the seat back. Everthing else is vinyl or cloth.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
wow, i have no idea about the lack of leather on the leather seats....

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have a quick question to anyone with the 2010 leather seats. I was wondering if they are oem leather or just that other cheap stuff. THANKS.
OEM Leather is cheap stuff :gringreen

Barely any of the seat is leather anyhow.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
the 05-09 seats are the same, there is very little leather. its not just the mustangs, its all cars. thats why the covers are 3-500.00 instead of 12-1500.00+.....they are still alot nicer than the cloth imo

·
Registered
534 Posts
Most cars are listed as ( leather trimmed interior) they havent used full leather interior for years.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Leather on Seats

A current term Ford uses on the window sticker is "mini leather". Maybe that means one mouse hide for each front seat. LOL.

Rear seats from 05 to the present have never had any leather on them.

Only the part of the front seats which your back or your butt actually touch has leather.

Head rests for front seats are all vinyl.

In an attempt to answer the question asked: I would suspect there is the same percentage of leather in seats for 05 to 09 as there is in seats for 10 to 11 models. The main difference would then be in the pattern of leather and stitching. Note: There have been discussions in the past as to whether seat covers for cars with or without seat side airbags differ. I would check those threads for answers to that question.

Not sure what striped material is on 2011 California Special front seats...pic attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maybe urethane

A lot of "artificial leathers" are often polyurethane made in a solvent based dispersion process. It's possible the pebbled looking leather may be that (in Calif special picture, left and right of your butt, and on seatback).

It's pretty tough stuff (I know, I've made plenty). It's made to react similarly to cleaners and such, but user mileage may very, of course.

All-in-all, it's still not leather. Full leather seats are pretty hard to come by these days, I'm sure mostly aftermarket stuff (maybe not even those... hand-made cars I suppose).

I'd love to have them myself, especially since I just found a hairline split on my driver's side seat, on the part just above the pocket in the back... aargh.

Cheers, all.

Paul

·
Registered
585 Posts
the seat and i think the front back area are supposed to be leather(cheap leather) and the rest is..... now wait for it..... naugahyde(remember that name) hahaha!!! lolol!!!!(sarc). anyway cheaper vinyl. :rollgrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.