Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does it seem like the 2010 year model is sorta like the step child or half-breed that no one cares about? :nogrinner

The 2010 is like part 2005-2009 and part 2011 and up.
I mean even American Muscle doesn't have a CAI/tuner combo for it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
the 2010 year model is sorta like the step child or half-breed that no one cares about?
Never though about it like that, lol.

I think it's weird how I'll see one of the new body style and think "3.7 or 5.0?" and then I see that it has either one exhaust pipe (the 4.0) or a GT logo (4.6) on the side... I wonder why Ford did that in the first place. I guess the new engines and trannys weren't ready yet. Honestly, the only time I ever see them they're dirty and not taken care of... But yours is an exception I guess :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
784 Posts
think of it this way. You have a one year model car, 4.0 with new body style. :cooldude:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I think because its in-between the old and new body styles I suppose, but the mustang II is the true step child of the mustangs. lol

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I think it's weird how I'll see one of the new body style and think "3.7 or 5.0?" and then I see that it has either one exhaust pipe (the 4.0) or a GT logo (4.6) on the side... I wonder why Ford did that in the first place. I guess the new engines and trannys weren't ready yet. Honestly, the only time I ever see them they're dirty and not taken care of... But yours is an exception I guess :bigthumbsup
Ha I make sure mine stays clean. but like cwhit said I think it's the transition year lol, and a one year like xroguex said.

Also agree that the Mustang II is definitely the true step child, I'll start thinking of the 2010 V6 as just the half-breed:nogrinner

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I agree. I don't know why american muscle doesn't offer a cai/tuner combo for the 10 V6. They have both items on their website. Why not combo them.

All places neglect them in the sales too. It's always 05-09 or 11+ stuff on sale. :(

Hopefully American Muscle will see this and fix the problem!!! :)

·
Registered
2,463 Posts

Yep, when I figured out I had the stepchild, I just quit taking care of it....................NOT

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah yeah yeah, it is a sad situation really. A lot of people assume I have 305HP and when they ask I have to look down and say no, mine is not the nice new one. But I am not one of the many who, I agree, keep it looking like crap, so heads turn everywhere with the candy metallic paint. Soon I will upgrade to Ford Racing Pack with dual exhaust; I love my car though..........here is one of my favorite pics of it showing the exhaustless side. And, I suppose it is a slighltly historic car.......one of a kind sort of thing. In 20 years, yes I will still have it, it will prolly be a sought out feature because of it's uniqueness. Especially if the 3.7 turns out to be a crappy motor in the long run. I am sure it won't be, but you never know.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, when I figured out I had the stepchild, I just quit taking care of it....................NOT
Siber I love your front end, that's what I'm hoping to get eventually. Nice color choice btw
:bigthumbsup
Yeah yeah yeah, it is a sad situation really. A lot of people assume I have 305HP and when they ask I have to look down and say no, mine is not the nice new one. But I am not one of the many who, I agree, keep it looking like crap, so heads turn everywhere with the candy metallic paint. Soon I will upgrade to Ford Racing Pack with dual exhaust; I love my car though..........here is one of my favorite pics of it showing the exhaustless side. And, I suppose it is a slighltly historic car.......one of a kind sort of thing. In 20 years, yes I will still have it, it will prolly be a sought out feature because of it's uniqueness. Especially if the 3.7 turns out to be a crappy motor in the long run. I am sure it won't be, but you never know.
Yeah I love my car too alot! And the dual exhaust is an awesome upgrade. I love the way mine sounds even though it's not yet a true true dual. :yup:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The funny thing is that there are TONS of 2010 V6's in my town. People must have gotten really good deals on them or something. Every time I see a 2010+ Stang around town I check the back and sure enough, single exhaust...kinda funny really. I think I have so far only seen one 2011 V6 in this general area.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My 2010 GT is no stepchild! It's the first year of a new bodystyle with a street and strip proven engine. And, it's a unique car; the one year that the 4.6 was in that car, not one of a million 5.0's that will surely be built, and I like that.
And, if you kiddies have been paying attention in speed class, more HP doesn't always = faster. See Porshe, Ferrari. Stock to stock the 4.6 against the 5.0 was down a few tenths of a second to 60 and I guarantee that with the mods to my car, I can run with any of the new ones, so don't be blue 2010 owners - you have a great car!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My 2010 GT is no stepchild! It's the first year of a new bodystyle with a street and strip proven engine. And, it's a unique car; the one year that the 4.6 was in that car, not one of a million 5.0's that will surely be built, and I like that.
And, if you kiddies have been paying attention in speed class, more HP doesn't always = faster. See Porshe, Ferrari. Stock to stock the 4.6 against the 5.0 was down a few tenths of a second to 60 and I guarantee that with the mods to my car, I can run with any of the new ones, so don't be blue 2010 owners - you have a great car!
Well said! No blueness here, except the color of my car:winks Although I do wish online mustang stores like American Muscle would not forget that we exist:)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

Have you tried running with the new coyote yet?

I hope you have a lot of mods cause they are badass cars. Down low you may have a shot, once the rpm start going up, unless you have FI, it will be by by Mr. 4.6:wavey

I'd rather have one of the millions of 5.0s than the "rare"or "unique" 4.6 with the new body style:yup:

·
Registered
746 Posts
try owning the 2010 GT
i think my 2010 gt is great looking,has tons of power,gets compliments everywhere i go.
then you get the guy who says, "hey nice ride! 5.0? you should have waited,why did you waste the money on a 4.6!?" true story!
i swear next time i hear that i'm going to punch the person in the face! :gringreen

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Howdy 2010'ers!

We love the 2010s and I even got them to add a 2010 V6 intake and tuner combo! It is not on the website yet, but if you would like one, call in and give the rep who answers part number 99136. This will be the JLT/SCT intake/tuner combo, which is priced at $549.99.

I hope this helps, everybody!

Let me know if you are ever looking for something specific for your 2010s!:worship

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
try owning the 2010 GT
i think my 2010 gt is great looking,has tons of power,gets compliments everywhere i go.
then you get the guy who says, "hey nice ride! 5.0? you should have waited,why did you waste the money on a 4.6!?" true story!
i swear next time i hear that i'm going to punch the person in the face! :gringreen
I've heard the "why didn't you wait for the 3.7 v6?" before.
I second that punch. I like my car even though it's a 4.0 V6, and I love the new body style.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Howdy 2010'ers!

We love the 2010s and I even got them to add a 2010 V6 intake and tuner combo! It is not on the website yet, but if you would like one, call in and give the rep who answers part number 99136. This will be the JLT/SCT intake/tuner combo, which is priced at $549.99.

Let me know if you are ever looking for something specific for your 2010s!:worship

More proof why American Muscle (and Chris Young:)) is the best!

Thanks for everything you do, Chris. I was sad when I heard Chris Rose wouldn't be with us, but you have been great. It feels more like you're a member here who happens to have some pull at AM :gringreen

Now, if you can somehow get a supercharger kit down to about two grand, then I may hang your picture above my fireplace! :laugh::winks

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Howdy 2010'ers!

That is awesome! Would we get the forum discount as well?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Siber I love your front end, that's what I'm hoping to get eventually. Nice color choice btw
:bigthumbsup
Thanks, BTW do they come in any other color? :cheers

BTW I got the should have waited from a guy with a 2011 V6, right before my little 210 HP beat up on the no driving fool in the Twisties :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, BTW do they come in any other color? :cheers

BTW I got the should have waited from a guy with a 2011 V6, right before my little 210 HP beat up on the no driving fool in the Twisties :bigthumbsup
The color choice of the car :bounce2:

:racer::goldcup: very nice!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts