Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 mustang gt and ive noticed that the paint, if you look at an angle, has very light scratches all over the car, i dont know if the paint is defected or that is just how it is, oh and the color is black, please help im getting aggravated because i think the dealer is at fault. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
143 Posts
There are two types of "swirls" -- what they call "buffer trails" that are installed by less-than-competent operators of rotary polishers (usually visible by a pattern), or "spiderwebbing" which is from improper washing or drying (whatever angle you look there are light scratches everywhere that reflect in light).

If you bought it that way, they should pay to remove them. Get an estimate at a trusted detailer.

Sometimes using a system like Mothers Ultimate Wax System can make spiderwebbing go away. That's their California Gold Pre-Wax Cleaner, Sealer & Glaze and Pure Carnauba Wax. Works pretty good!

For tips on washing a black car, try this thread: The Two Bucket Wash & Pat Dry Method for Spiderweb-Free Paint - Wax Forum

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Those buffer trails are the worst. Man that stuff shows up bad in the sun.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Not the buffer trails, but im my experiance the spider webbing happens on every car. I use a clean mit, clean micro fiber towels and two buckets everytime I wash and I still get them.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Not the buffer trails, but im my experiance the spider webbing happens on every car. I use a clean mit, clean micro fiber towels and two buckets everytime I wash and I still get them.
You may want to try more soap in the bucket (help flow the dirt away) or maybe just let the soap run down then rinse then wash. use a high end wash mitt but I think it maybe your Micro fiber towel
is it super soft or maybe when you dry the car your getting them try blotting the water rather then swipping it with the towel. remove water with a leaf blower or that sheeting method in the other thread Last use a wax that hides/fill webbing or strip down to nothing and use a swirl remover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks next time i go to the dealer to get an oil change i'll tell them about it, and i might go buy some of that wax, ive heard mothers is really good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.