Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas,

Please post any pictures of any type of roof or hitch bicycle rack.

Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any Roof Rack systems ?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've used the Saris bones for years on my '96 without any issues, even the hooks have caused very little damage. Unfortunately Saris does not offer anything for my new 'stang, so I went with a Curt class 1 hitch and the thule 990XT Doubletrack.

No pictures, but Thule has great prodducts too, and this is amoung the lightest and most secure tray-style hitch rack out there- 29lbs!

To add one more thing, I've been working in a bike shop for 5 years (4 of which I was the head mechanic) and you really do get what you pay for. Racks are one of the items I'd definately stick with a brand name on. Saris, Thule or Yakima; you will pay more but it will last forever while protecting both you bike and your car :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I rather do the hitch or roof rather than the trunk. I use the trunk quite a bit and would rather not have anything in the way.

i'm just worried about the roof supporting the bikes. it would be 2 of them.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Any of these actually stable? I had a bell strap on rack on my last car and it wasn't very solid driving down the road.

You get what you pay for. This isn't Pepsi/Coke vs. Fago but more like Cadillac vs. Kia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.