Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 V6 mustang and I am looking to do something a little different to my mustang. I saw that Cervinis came out with a side exhaust kit for V6 and GT mustangs and don't feel like spending $1,500 on this kit. Does any one have any other ideas on how to do this specific conversion with out having to pay so much? I am new to all of this so if anyone can help please feel free to message me.

·
Registered
784 Posts
you could go to an exhaust shop and ask them to make something for you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My vote would be to order a Roush exhaust and rear facia (<spell?) that looks amazing in my opinion. You don't see it much on a v-6. The square tips really give it an exotic look.

·
Registered
915 Posts
If you want anything cheaper(and reliable) you're going to want to go to a shop. Or build it yourself.

Start with a picking an X or H pipe you like. Then you're going to have to have some kind of custom mid pipes that curve to the side and have mufflers welded on if you want it to be legal(and sound better).

As for side skirts, you can probably modify your stock ones, but that's up to you.

It's as simple as that.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I imagine something like the Loudmouth mufflers would work well because there a tube muffler, and would fit better when installed directly in back of you X or H pipe. Any good muffler shop would be able to bend a custom pipe going from the muffler to the side exit. It has to be done correctly because your gas tanks are right there. I Guess if you picked out your tip ahead of time you could cut out your stock side skirt to accomodate the side exhaust.
Good luck, and keep us informed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback, I've got some things to think about now and I will definitely let you guys know how it goes! ill try to put pics up as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts