Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 V6 Mustang Vibration/Buzzing after duel exhaust install.

Hello,

I drive a 2010 V6 Mustang, last month I switched it from a single exhaust to a true dual exhaust.

I bought the Flowmaster Force II. I also purchased the Roush Valance.
Flowmaster Force II True Dual Mustang Catback Exhaust 817518 (10 V6) - Free Shipping

My uncle did the installation for me. Ever since it did the installation I have had two problems.

First one of the mufflers was loose, it was knocking against something whenever it was idling and if I went over a bump it sounded like the entire exhaust was about to fall out from the car.
I took it back to him and he fixed that. I have been driving it for about two weeks now and it still makes a knocking sound, not as bad as before and it is only on larger bumps and whatnot in the road.
I believe it is just loose in another area maybe the actual pipes instead of the mufflers. I am planning on taking it back to an actual muffler shop this time to have them look at it.

The second problem and main issue I have had is a loud buzzing sound. It only happens around 1500 RPMs on lower gears when accelerating. It comes mainly from behind the rear seat area. Sometimes though it comes from the front near the console and the buzzing has a slight vibration to it that actual makes my rearview mirror buzz/vibrate.

I'm gonna ask the muffler shop about that too, I was just going to see if I could get some information on maybe what could be causing the buzzing sound before I take it up there.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Honestly both problems could be caused by a loose exhaust clamp or loose hangars. The buzzing you describe could be due to the vibrations that the exhaust is naturally gonna have at that rpm, however a loose clamp or hangar could be causing metal on metal contact which is making the "buzzing/rattling" noise. This is just a guess however, take the car to a muffler shop and have them voice their opinion. Report back with the new info you have and we can go from there.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would also recommend taking the car to a reputable shop and having them look over your system. When installing an exhaust system, it is important to loosely piece everything together to allow room for adjustment. After a satisfactory fitment is established, tighten down all of the provided clamps and take the car for a spin. If you hear vibration or noise attributed to the install, make further adjustments and then test drive the vehicle once again. After you get everything dialed in, we always suggest that you have your system welded in place. If I can be of any further assistance, let me know. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2009 45th Anniversary Pony Package manual, all FRPP mods
114 Posts
When I put the Pypes True Dual on my old 2006, something similar happened, a really bad "buzz" as you say at certain RPMs. I found that the hanger bar on the driver's side rear was hitting the inside of the rear bumper area. I took a sawzall and shortened it, and it was fine. Check that!
Mike B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts