Ford Mustang Forum banner

2010 v6 tuner help :D

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Mainn 
#1 ·
so i recently got a tuner and i dont see much diffrence am i doing something wrong? i put in the 91 option but after everything wwas done i took off the tuner because it was annoyingto have wires tangled arround my feet

do i have to keep the tuner on?

#2 ·
Oh dear lord! After loading the tune you have to unplug it a store it away!

Simple instructions:
1 plug in tuner
2 follow directions as to select tune for 87 street, 89 performance, or 91/93 race and select
3 wait until downloaded will tell you when done as it will return to original screen
4 disconnect tuner
5 enjoy the night/day difference :bigthumbsup

#3 ·
Make sure you use the proper gas also! 91/93 race needs 91 or 93(whichever you have where you live) octane gas.

#4 ·
I have a 2010 v6 also, the performance is a slight difference, but the race is a very big difference. Also read the instructions, you don't have to keep the tuner plugged in! Just load the tune of choice and unplug it.

#6 ·
As a general rule, you can run a tune that is designed for lower octane on higher octane. For example, running an 87 octane tune on 91 octane fuel will be okay, however running a 91 octane tune on 87 octane fuel is bad, and can cause a severe loss in power and in the worst cases, engine damage. You will have the most gains if you run the same octane tune as fuel though (Example, 91 octane tune on 91 octane fuel). If you think there is a problem, simply do a datalog and send the results to your tuner, who can modify the current tune and improve on it.

Thanks,

Mainn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.