Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if anyone has any information regarding availability of this tuner for 2012 v6. The last I heard was that they didnt have the VIN numbers updated yet. I also was wondering if anyone has put one on their 2011 V6 and how does it compare to the SCT tuner?:?:

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Doesn't have anything to do with the VIN, it is all about the PCM codes.

The hypertech units will only have canned tunes, no custom tuning is available unlike the SCT that can have both canned and custom tunes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up Ltngdrvr, didnt know that about Hypertech. Still a little gun shy about ordering the SCT for my 2012 V6 though, I have heard several issues regarding programmers not loading the custom tunes as well as hearing that availibility for the 2012's is not ready yet

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Ltngdrvr, didnt know that about Hypertech. Still a little gun shy about ordering the SCT for my 2012 V6 though, I have heard several issues regarding programmers not loading the custom tunes as well as hearing that availibility for the 2012's is not ready yet
LawDog,

I picked my 2012 pony up on March 20th and I have been running a BAMA tune for a couple of months... nothing but good things for me & my pony! Have not had a single hip-up or problem and BAMA has been great to deal with,,, I have had several updates done to mine due to new mod's...... You will not be dissappointed...:bigthumbsup

Ricky

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
PCM codes for the 2012 are being added everyday, and chances are that yours is available. You can give the Bama guys a call at the Bama direct number any time during the hours in my signature. They'll make sure that your PCM code is supported.

As for problems with the SCT devices, I wouldn't worry. We literally sell close to 100 a month, specifically for 2011+ V6 Mustangs, with very very minimal complaints. I think we've had maybe 2 or 3 total firmware/hardware issues.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
SCT is supposed to have the codes for all the 2012's now.

All issues that anyone has had with any SCT tuner have been minor and resolved with nothing more than a phone call and a software update.

735 Posts
... I also was wondering if anyone has put one on their 2011 V6 and how does it compare to the SCT tuner?:?:
I've been running the Hypertech Max Energy Premium Tune since 5/10/11, and I can say that I am very happy with it. :bigthumbsup

The tuner is updateable via the internet, and running the Premium Tune alone I cut a rock solid 1/4 sec. off my quarter mile time (see my sig). This is great:), considering the RPM Limit, Shift Limit, and Shift Firmness were left bone STOCK. The tune also allows the automatic to downshift into first from cruising speeds at up to 35mph (stock is 25mph). This is the main reason why I got the Hypertech in the first place.

Also, at the time I was interested in purchasing a tuner other tuning devices (for whatever reason) had some V6 Stangs dying immediately after being flashed. Hypertech had no such issues.

If you want to go mod crazy, the SCT offers more bells and whistles (i.e., "the ability to correct for gear ratio changes"). But since I have absolutely no interest in any other mods, for me, the Hypertech was a perfect fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts