Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got around to upload some vids to Youtube and share with the crowd. This is my daily driver on street tires and wasn't trying to break any records but just have some fun.

If anyone has a suggestion for HD video editing please post them up as I was having to convert the MP4 files into WMV which made the already large files freakin huge!

The first run had some issues. When I went to the 5.0 shootout at MIR I was hitting my rev limiter then set at 7,300. This time I decided to raise it to 7,500 but accidentally set it to 6,500 which I bumped into in 3rd gear and why I had to shift into 5th. I ended up running a 12.78 @ 115mph.

YouTube - ‪2011 Mustang 5.0 @ JPC Capitol Raceway May 5th‬‏

The second run I fixed the rev limiter and made a clean pass. But this time I was matched up against Joe Marini in his 10 second 5.0 Mustang which makes for a pretty stark contrast between my DD and his racecar! I ran a 12.46 to his 10.99.

YouTube - ‪2011 5.0 Mustang at JPC Capitol Raceway vs. Joe Marini‬‏

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Nice stuff. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
nice videos and passes and man that guy in the second vid was Fast

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
good vids, lol were you blasting the ac seconds before your light dropped? hahaha thats great! gotta stay cool

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good vids, lol were you blasting the ac seconds before your light dropped? hahaha thats great! gotta stay cool
The other racer in the second vid was taking his sweet precious time getting to the light and it was stiffling inside the car with the windows up. Also the camera was suctioned to the passenger window so I could not roll it down.

Just and FYI, some tracks in hotter climates will actually tell you not to run the A/C because the condensation will get down on the track and cause traction issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.