Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new to the community and while I love cars I'm not too mechanically inclined (at least compared to a lot of you based on what I've read). Anyways, I bought a new 2011 Mustang GT Premium CA Special in March of this year and from the moment I took delivery I noticed brake squealing ONLY when the car is cold. It squeals with moderate to hard braking for the first half a dozen or so stops then goes away. I'd park it, drive again in a couple of hours and the same thing. I've had this at two different dealerships and both have indicated they can't replicate the squeal (I think this is total BS as I hear it plain as day and deal with it daily).

Anyways, any thoughts here? I suspect it's basic glazing so I intend to take it back to the second dealership and insist they slap some anti-squeal compound on the pads... I'll drive it with a tech myself if I have to in order to get them to replicate the noise. I know it's probably no real mechanical problem but like most of you we love our Mustangs and out of principle for the money we spent on the new ones we expect it to have no problems! Any thoughts or direction would be most helpful. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
575 Posts
i beleive you are in the wrong section sir. honest mistake.:bigthumbsup double check the forums homepage and read the different forums carefully. and definitely ride with the tech because they always seem to not be able to hear the noise. it could be the type of pad being used also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts