Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Hoping I can get some of you tech experts to weigh in here... I've got a 2011 5.0 GT Mustang with less than 3k miles on it (3.73 gear set up if it matters). Long story short, I've had nothing but problems with this car since taking delivery as far as squealing brakes when cold and now new as of about 2k miles I've got a squeal-like sound coming from the passenger-front at about 40-45 MPH, typically under load and only from a stop to this point (i.e.: shifting from first to fifth). This "squeal" I'm hearing is similar to a glazing sound you'd here and lasts anywhere from 2-5 seconds then goes away (it's very intermittent in general but I hear it at least once every time I get behind the wheel). I can replicate it pretty consistently from 40-45 MPH in gears 3-5 and it's most noticeable with the windows up. I was wondering if I maybe have a bad wheel bearing on that right side (?). I've had it in the shop three times and frankly I think they're just incompetent. They "scuffed up the brakes" to address my cold glazing problem and that's changed some but they didn't do anything to address this squeal I'm talking about.

Any thoughts? Should I suggest these clowns check out the wheel bearing on that right side or do you guys think it's something different? I should note that I don't notice any difference in drivability but the noise being there is just disheartening for a brand-new Mustang as I'm sure most of you can relate. Any input would be awesome! Thanks in advance...

F

·
0 Posts
Hi guys,

Hoping I can get some of you tech experts to weigh in here... I've got a 2011 5.0 GT Mustang with less than 3k miles on it (3.73 gear set up if it matters). Long story short, I've had nothing but problems with this car since taking delivery as far as squealing brakes when cold and now new as of about 2k miles I've got a squeal-like sound coming from the passenger-front at about 40-45 MPH, typically under load and only from a stop to this point (i.e.: shifting from first to fifth). This "squeal" I'm hearing is similar to a glazing sound you'd here and lasts anywhere from 2-5 seconds then goes away (it's very intermittent in general but I hear it at least once every time I get behind the wheel). I can replicate it pretty consistently from 40-45 MPH in gears 3-5 and it's most noticeable with the windows up. I was wondering if I maybe have a bad wheel bearing on that right side (?). I've had it in the shop three times and frankly I think they're just incompetent. They "scuffed up the brakes" to address my cold glazing problem and that's changed some but they didn't do anything to address this squeal I'm talking about.

Any thoughts? Should I suggest these clowns check out the wheel bearing on that right side or do you guys think it's something different? I should note that I don't notice any difference in drivability but the noise being there is just disheartening for a brand-new Mustang as I'm sure most of you can relate. Any input would be awesome! Thanks in advance...
Hey rwood37,

My name is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I would like to escalate this for you. Could you please message me with your contact info, dealer, mileage, and VIN? I’d like to help.

Deysha

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Deysha,

Thanks for reaching out. I sent you a PM with all of the requested information. Please let me know if you need anything else and/or if you don't receive it for some reason. Thanks!

F

·
0 Posts
Hi Deysha,

Thanks for reaching out. I sent you a PM with all of the requested information. Please let me know if you need anything else and/or if you don't receive it for some reason. Thanks!
Thanks rwood37! I got your message and I will get to it as soon as I can! :)

Deysha

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*Update*

In short, epic fail here. Had this car at the dealership twice more (3 times in total for the same problem, 6-7 times in total for all of the problems) and was thrown back on me each time to diagnose myself since no one wanted to take the time to actually address the problem (seriously). The dealership openly acknowledges they can hear the noise, they can replicate it, but they don't know what the problem is. I (not the dealership, me personally) determined it is related to the A/C yet they still refuse to have the conscientiousness to pinpoint the defect, despite having the customer having the courtesy of isolating it to a specific system for them.

The lesson I've taken away from all of this is that Ford won't stand behind their product and does what they can to get the customer to go away without spending any money. Being friendly and acting like you give a s--t doesn't cost money but actually addressing and fixing a problem does. Go figure. God knows if I took this car out of warranty to a Ford dealership with this same issue they'd have no problem troubleshooting the 2-3 things they think it is (per my conversations with the dealership they believe it could be 2-3 different things specific to the A/C) and if that doesn't work to come back and they'd try something new (so long as I'm paying for parts and labor, of course!). But alas, the same approach isn't taken when it's a shift in expense amongst cost centers at Ford Motor Company.

To all you new Mustang owners: I like this car and wish I wasn't robbed of my new car experience because of inept service departments at Ford dealerships but unfortunately I have been. I can only hope none of your cars have defects like mine otherwise you'll be living at the dealership every week and getting the same old run around that I have. Shame on you Ford. You let me down and this will surely be on the front of my mind the next time I need to buy a new vehicle. Everybody I know has found my story very interesting. I hope it was worth saving a few bucks on parts in the short run to ruin sales in the long run!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Did you try another dealer? Have you contacted Deysha again?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Ford needs to stand behind their cars or they will lose everything and everyone they have gotten back. C'mon Ford, don't screw us.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Did you try another dealer? Have you contacted Deysha again?
What he said. My dealership has been pretty good...and I know there are a lot who have had good experiences. It's the dealership...not necessarily Ford. I know that a dealership doesn't do warranty work for free (gets $ from Ford when they perform repairs) so it just sounds like they...for lack of a better term...stink.

I would suggest sending a PM to Deysha to renew your case. Is there another dealership in the area with a good rep?

Good luck getting it squared-away. I hope you do and can enjoy your new car real soon!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been through 2 dealerships already (the one where I bought the car and now this one which I've had good experiences with in the past) and probably a 3rd when I’m able to carve out the time.

With respect to the Deysha questions, she took my info and got me in touch with some regional CS manager. I have no idea what his relationship is/was with the dealership but he was just their mouthpiece and liaison back to me. So, I'm not really sure where the value-add is there.

Anyways, thanks again. It just sucks when you feel like you're being taken for a ride. Unfortunately, I'm not one to tolerate something like that. Everyone deserves for their new car (a Mustang or otherwise) to be free of defects and anything less is simply not right.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
*Update as of 09/08/11*

Feeling good today... I took my car in for its first oil change and while I was there figured I'd have them check out the A/C problem that Sanderson Ford blew off. I took it back to the dealership that I bought the car at seeing how most new cars give you a free oil change on the house. I didn't have the best experience the first time when I had them address the brake issue so naturally I wasn't expecting much this time around either.

BUT, to my surprise and delight, I got a good Service Manager and tech and they were finally able to get the A/C whistle problem solved! They replaced the expansion valve (didn't correct it), then the evap assembly (also didn't correct it), and finally the compressor and corresponding tubes (the compressor was the ultimate problem) and at this point I haven't heard the noise return so I'm hoping it's been resolved. They had the car for over a week mostly waiting for parts and such but bottom line I felt Peoria Ford went above and beyond to get this fixed for me so I'm very grateful and thankful. They've now earned my business whereas I will bad-mouth Sanderson Ford indefinitely who SUCKS and told me they couldn't/wouldn't figure it out and threw it back on me.

Moral of the story is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease so you guys with problems with your Mustangs stay on your problems until you find someone who gives a s--t or at worst wants to get your problem solved so you go away. I just wanted my car right and after 9 trips I hope it's finally there. Ford's "regional customer service manager" was a waste and I didn't even call the guy this time and just took care of it on my own. You can't expect much anyways when it's the fox watching the chicken coop; these guys are looking after the dealerships, not us. At any rate, score one for the little guy for a change.

Any of you guys in the Phoenix area I highly recommend going to see Brad at Peoria Ford; he was awesome and got s--t done. He's earned my business going forward. If I'm gonna bash dealerships I gotta give props where it's earned so there you go. Peoria Ford is located at 9130 W Bell Road Peoria AZ 85382. Conversely, stay as far the hell away from Sanderson Ford as you possibly can. They don't respond to emails, phone calls, or otherwise give a crap about you or your car. I promise this much as I experienced it first hand. Sanderson Ford's address is 6400 N 51st Ave Glendale AZ 85301.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Glad you got your problems taken care of. If I were you I would somehow let the bigwigs know about the poor service at Sanderson Ford.I think Ford needs to know about the poor service,its there product.

F

·
0 Posts
*Update as of 09/08/11*
BUT, to my surprise and delight, I got a good Service Manager and tech and they were finally able to get the A/C whistle problem solved! They replaced the expansion valve (didn't correct it), then the evap assembly (also didn't correct it), and finally the compressor and corresponding tubes (the compressor was the ultimate problem) and at this point I haven't heard the noise return so I'm hoping it's been resolved.
Hey rwood37,

I a very happy to hear your issues were resolved by this new dealer. If you'd like I can get this documented for you and update your info to show what the final repair was. Let me know if you'd like me to do so.:bigthumbsup

Deysha

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Deysha, when a repair order is written through a Ford dealership, even as simple as an Oil Change, it is recorded in your computer systems:bigthumbsup. I would bet that this final repair has been noted, but the OP can check and update this information for himself through the Ford owner website. I used this to keep track of my service records and intervals for tax purposes, but others may find this link helpful for numerous other reasons.

https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/HomePage

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Deysha, when a repair order is written through a Ford dealership, even as simple as an Oil Change, it is recorded in your computer systems:bigthumbsup. I would bet that this final repair has been noted, but the OP can check and update this information for himself through the Ford owner website. I used this to keep track of my service records and intervals for tax purposes, but others may find this link helpful for numerous other reasons.

https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/HomePage
Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Thanks for the link!
NP, helped me out a lot when my wife had her mariner, was able to use one login to view both cars.

F

·
0 Posts
Deysha, when a repair order is written through a Ford dealership, even as simple as an Oil Change, it is recorded in your computer systems:bigthumbsup.
That is a great site to use, adspru! You are right, any warranty repairs (not oil changes, unless done under maintenance ESP) will show in our systems. However, any customer pay repairs or services will not show. As you mentioned, it is great practice to use this site: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/HomePage. I wanted to document rwood37’s whole experience with his repair and both dealers. You guys are awesome! Thank you for your input!!:smilie

Deysha

·
Registered
300 Posts
My regional customer service gal talks real sweet and is smart but in the end is ruthless..
She is so tough, my dealership asked me not to call her on them anymore...:shigrin I told them she calls me.. Anyhow she lit a fire under my dealer and finally they fixed my car..They now hop when I bring my car in to be repaired.. Guess it matters who you get

·
Banned
109 Posts
Glad the OP got his issues worked out, but something here irks me. The fact that you gave her your VIN and now they also have your screen name. I hope you never talked about your mods here. Ford has been known to stalk people on big boards like this one over warranty claims for suspected modifications. Now they have your VIN and username and Im sure its documented somewhere where they can reference it. So please keep your mods to yourself and dont talk about any abuse or broken stock parts that you plan to warranty. This is very sneaky of them to act like they are helping, and Im sure they did. But there are other reasons she is here too. Believe that.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Glad the OP got his issues worked out, but something here irks me. The fact that you gave her your VIN and now they also have your screen name. I hope you never talked about your mods here. Ford has been known to stalk people on big boards like this one over warranty claims for suspected modifications. Now they have your VIN and username and Im sure its documented somewhere where they can reference it. So please keep your mods to yourself and dont talk about any abuse or broken stock parts that you plan to warranty. This is very sneaky of them to act like they are helping, and Im sure they did. But there are other reasons she is here too. Believe that.
While it is possible that they may do this, in the end I don't think so. Reasoning: even if I said I had a mod, they can prove this screen name is associated with my VIN and the problem was relating to my mod (I.E. my passenger side seat motor broke, but that's not because of a cat-back exhaust) and the dealer, Ford company proper, Ford's warranty dept and my tech talked to each other, they would still have (in the US) to prove my mod caused the problem.

A much better use of resources would be to investigate suspected failures due to modifications in a case-by-case basis. I do not imagine it's particularly cost-effective to search for these 1% (at most) cases where a mod caused a failure and a driver is hiding it. The second a tech turns my car on they are going to know I have an exhaust. If there is a failure in the exhaust, the exhaust will not be covered. If you get a CAI and a tune, and the tuner messes the AFR or you don't install it properly and it wrecks your motor, why would you expect ford to cover it. Lastly, from what I have been told, they would not need to check this (or any) forum for eg. tune modifications, even if you did try to return it to stock to lie to them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts