Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

We are happy to announce that the 2011 5.0 Spring Shootout will be taking place on Monday March 28th @ Maryland International Raceway in Buddscreek, Maryland.
This event is open to anyone with a 2011-2012 5.0 Mustang. (Side note: If there is enough interest we will run a class for the 2011-2012 V6 Mustangs as well)

As a participant you will be racing with/against some of the top shops in the country!!!

Also the event will be covered exclusively by 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords Magazine!!!

This will be a grass roots style shootout with three classes.

Naturally Aspirated street
3500# min weight with driver
Full interior
No gutted race cars with 400lbs in the trunk
Factory 6spd man or auto trans
Dot tires

Power adder street
3500# min weight with driver
Full interior
No gutted race cars with 400lbs in the trunk
Limited to one power adder
Factory 6spd man or auto trans
Dot tires

Unlimited class
Power adder and naturally aspirated
Must be a 5.0 4v "Coyote" based engine
No min weight
Any trans and rear allowed
Multiple power adders are allowed
There will be winners declared for both N/A and P/A

We will be running a heads up format. Even with the class racing going on we will have a test and tune running all day. This way participants that did not qualify can still race and make as many passes as possible

Gates open at 8:30am

The racing will be from 9am-5pm.

Racers fee is $100.

Since this is a private track rental there is no charge for spectators, but we are limited to 2-3 people max for each racer.

MIR is an IHRA participating track. All of their rules and safety measures will be enforced.

For more track details, check out their website.

..:: Maryland Int'l Raceway  -  Budds Creek, MD  ::..

It is loaded with great information including directions, pictures, hotel accomedations, ect, ect.

Here is you chance to race against some of the top 2011 Mustangs in the country. And as a bonus you will have a shot at national media coverage via 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords magazine!

Don't miss out!

There will be plenty of information coming, including payment arrangements, race day schedule, prizes..... So check back often.

If there are any questions feel free to ask them here or email them to;

[email protected]

Thanks

Adam Browne

·
Registered
465 Posts
15 minutes from me. My car is stock, so unless lots of other guys who only hit the track once or twice a year with stock cars show up, I'll be there to watch only.

·
Registered
465 Posts
We had to do it on a weekday for a private track rental. All of the weekends from March to November are already booked.

Thanks

Adam
Ah, didn't notice a Monday, should have checked the date. Guess I'll be missing this one afterall.

As for private track rentals, you can do weekends. I've worked with Jason Miller for the last several years on track rentals for MACA (Mid Atlantic Cobra Association). In my experience you can usually get a better deal (although less time) if you do a Saturday early in the morning before they start the gamblers races.

If you want to know more about what I've done in the past, shoot me a PM, I'll be happy to share. Of course, if all the dates are booked already, then that's a separate issue. Either way, I hope you get a good turnout. :grinroll:

·
Registered
303 Posts
It's been a long time since I've been up that way. Too bad you couldn't have gotten the track for a Wednesday or Thursday, I'm off those days.
Maybe I'll take it off anyway, I still have some friends in the area.

G

·
I've never been on any kind of track, but this will soon fix that! My '11 5.0 is for the most part stock on pirellis but I have some 16" rims lying around. If they fit I'll mount some small drag radials and go to town:cooldude:

G

·
Just one week away!
Checking their website, MIR's 2011 schedule does not list this event. Hopefully because it just hasn't been updated since 1/4/11.

Does anyone know if there is any registration prior to the event required? Also rules on helmets? I ordered a SA2010 certified helmet anyway but I was just wondering if there is a requirement for a certain ET or if it is required across the board.

G

·
The race is this Monday and I'll be heading over tomorrow hoping the weather holds out. The forecast for snow is simply rediculous!

Anyone else representing AFM?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Extra fun meaning no traction between 1-3 unless feathered? That kind of fun?:what:

Just a heads up also.

We might run a "fast car on factory Pirellis" during the shootout for some extra fun!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts