Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have had no problems up until now, except today it took me a good 5 minutes of jamming to get the car into reverse when trying to back into the garage. I'm wondering if this is related to any of the rough shifting / gear poping that I have read about. I'd like to hope not. In any case, I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Once I eventually did get it to go into reverse, it felt normal. During the troubleshooting, I tried rolling forward a bit, turning the wheels, putting it in random gears then trying to put it into reverse... Eventually it just went in normally like there was never any problem.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Sometimes I get that. I shift into first, then without letting the clutch out I shift into reverse. Usually clears it right up. It's just a matter of getting they synchros close.

To the best of my knowledge, reverse has straight-cut gears so it's a little harder to get into gear.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've had rev pop out and I hear a grinding noise. Even if I push the clutch back in you can still hear the grind. It goes away after about 2 seconds and I can cluch and put it in reverse. Anyone else have this? 300 miles on the OD

J

·
0 Posts
This has happened to me every morning since I bought it.
The trick is to push the clutch in and row thru the other gears, then you can slide it into reverse.

how's your 1st gear engagement?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This has happened to me every morning since I bought it.
The trick is to push the clutch in and row thru the other gears, then you can slide it into reverse.

how's your 1st gear engagement?
First gear engagement has been fine so far.

·
Registered
146 Posts
oh the fun of the MT82..
i also normally, go 1st then reverse, or even 1st, then 2nd, then reverse...
---Think of your mustang as a really hot chick, you cant just jump on/in and take it for a ride, sometimes you must caress it first lol :gringreen

J

·
0 Posts
Yeah it's pretty bad when my g/f asks me "why do you play with the shifter like that? You never did that with your other cars."

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yeah it's pretty bad when my g/f asks me "why do you play with the shifter like that? You never did that with your other cars."
-- yea, gotta love it when they have to point out something that frustrates you as it is lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts